• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Lug nuts & wheels interchangeable on diff Toyota tacoma generations?

ToyotaMarc

I am contemplating purchasing a set of wheels that the owner says fits 08-16 Tundras and Sequoia. The tire he has on is the same size as my 2012 Tundra. Are they interchangeable? New to the wheel thing.

Also I have crappy half rusted lug nuts that came on my truck. Are all the Tundra nuts with washers the same? I have found some but when I type in my trim package it changes everything and says they wont fit???? The thread is right 14 x 1.5. Part # 90942-A1001 is what they have for them.

Oh and how do I know if my pressure sensors will fit or which to order?

Last edited by a moderator:

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
07-19 Tundra wheels (5 lugs) will fit any other Tundra in the same date range (07-19) as well as any Toyota Land Cruiser with 5 lugs (also 07-19). Lug nuts are also fully compatible. This is one reason that Tundra Rock Warrior wheels are extremely popular with Land Cruiser owners.

It took me two years to find a set of Rock Warrior wheels, and when we traded our Land cruiser for a new 2019 Tundra, the wheels came along. I wasn't about to let those wheels go since they fit the new Tundra perfectly and really look badass.

Rumor has it that when the new generation Tundra comes out in 2020 or 2021 (yeah, maybe) that it will again have six lug wheels. I suppose the next gen Land Cruiser will also have six lugs. Have to wait and see on this....

ToyotaMarc

Mine wheels were a machined finish. You could see all the little grooves on them from whatever they used to make them. Lathe?? The dirt and brake dust stuck to them like glue. Plus the rusting nuts made them orange. Obviously those nuts were recently replaced before they got rid of the truck.

They were fine when I bought it from the dealer, and tgey even put new tires on for me. I hated those wheels from the first time I washed the truck. Was looking for a set since. After 2 years of using a stiff bristled brush and sweating my butt off. And not wanting to spend 3 grand on new wheels. I found this set on ebay for a bit less than $300. For all 4 with center caps. Barely even used.

Couldn't resist for that price even if I wasn't going to use them. Then to top it off, the seller happened to live about an hour and a half away. So he decided to bring them to me. Cheaper than shipping. That was awesome! I thanked him a crap load. Very pleased and it looks a million times better.

Now contemplating what to do with the old beat up ones.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
OK, Marc. We REALLY need to see some photos of your new wheels!

Related Content You Might Like: