• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Lube Points for 2008 Tacoma

Ray

Where can I find a diagram for all the lubriation point on the drivetrain of a 4x4.

Last edited:

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Good luck on finding a diagram but I will tell you is u start at the transfercase and work you way to the rear of the truck there are some grease fittings in that area don't know if that is all of them but that's the ones I have found cause everything in the front end are sealed bearings

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I'm not sure of a diagram that you can get online, just go look at a Chilton's at your library for about 2 minutes and you will get the idea. There aren't all that many of them IMHO so you can get the idea pretty quickly. Most of them are just these quick lube points that feed more than one. It's like like something from 1970 where each component has it's own lube point.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I'm glad sometimes that I'm not as "in depth" with DIY on car fixes to know where the lube points are on a 4x4, but I can see where it would come in handy to know this.

GearHead

100 Posts
My 1987 has a whole slew of zerk fittings on the transfer case, drive shaft, a-arms, etc. It is almost impossible to find them all, and I spend at least 1/2 an hour greasing them all every few months or so. A diagram would be nice to have. An 08 ought to be much more simple as far as finding the serviceable joints. I haven't worked on one though. How many lube points are there?

gladden

I don't usually do the lubrication of my truck. Since it is done no that often.. When it is in the shop for a check-up.. that's the time I consult mechanics if it should be done.. and let them do it.

Related Content You Might Like: