• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

lousy gas milage

canalwelding

hava a 91 auto 4wdrive gets lousy milage [3.0 v6] anyone got any help?thinking about trying hydrogen generator any imput-experiences-information? :?: :?: :?:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Things to watch for to get better gas mileage.

1) Proper maintenance. Engine, tires, etc.
2) Drive the speed limit, or slower. Going 80 will kill your MPG compared to 60.
3) Watch those starts. Jackrabbit starts will make your MPG drop.
4) Avoid rush hour traffic. All vehicles get bad MPG in stop-and-go traffic.

HydroxyTom

Try 'hydrogen-on-demand'

If you are interested in better M.P.G. try having a look at this site:

SplitWaterFuel.com

They have a free short coarse being offered now explaining all about the subject. I think this will be big when people get to know about it.

freddie_gibson

Things to watch for to get better gas mileage.

1) Proper maintenance. Engine, tires, etc.
2) Drive the speed limit, or slower. Going 80 will kill your MPG compared to 60.
3) Watch those starts. Jackrabbit starts will make your MPG drop.
4) Avoid rush hour traffic. All vehicles get bad MPG in stop-and-go traffic.
Thanks for these tips! these might be useful since i've been doing some research on Toyota truck parts myself. they might come hand in hand.

toyotachic

Start with making sure your maintenance is done on your toyota truck first. If all else checks out look into getting a toyota performance chip maybe. What kind of mpg are you getting anyway? Im just now starting the research myself looking at the performance chips and I also know some can increase mpg.

tarheel

This is good advice, a lot of things that can be fixed by maintenance can affect gas mileage. Pretty much anything that makes the engine have to work harder then it would at the factory will do it. little things like low tire pressure can cause extra friction and lower your mileage (a small amount to be sure, but these things add up if you have a lot of maintenance neglect and the cost over several years adds up too)

danstpierre

100 Posts
I think, proper maintenance is very basic. You want a good mileage for your car, then maintain it. Love it, take care of it!

Related Content You Might Like: