• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Locked keys in 87 4x4 pickup

GearHead

100 Posts
So I pulled the awesome maneuver of locking my keys in my '87 with the engine running. I was surprised after pulling up the window trim that I could actually see the mechanism that unlocks the door and was able to pull it up easily with a coat hanger. Took about 2 minutes. I guess that's a benefit of having an older truck, but makes me not want to leave anything valuable inside...

Lester

Oh bum deal. I'm glad you got your stuff out. I have extra keys hidden in strategic places. This is a good lesson for anyone to learn.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Back in school I worked for a pizza delivery joint and one of the drivers always left his keys in his car. He had to one day call in (back in the days before no cell phones) because some local kids at an apartment complex ran up and locked his doors while the keys were inside and the engine was running. haha, probably not funny to him at the time, funny to the rest of us.

antonino

100 Posts
I don't think hiding keys in "strategic" places is a fun and a good idea at all. It may be discovered by anyone and compromise the safety of your car.

supernovax3

100 Posts
For the future, I would suggest getting a couple spare keys made. You could keep one in your wallet in case this happens again!

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
For the future, I would suggest getting a couple spare keys made. You could keep one in your wallet in case this happens again!

Nice suggestion, but what if you wallet has been rob first I know this is odd things to happen but It can..

Related Content You Might Like: