• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

License Plate On Front Of Vehicle - State Law

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Not many options when it comes to hanging front plates. Our state also requires it - doesn't look good to me but I do it.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Texas requires a front plate, when I put billet grills on the front openings of my 2011 Silverado the plate really looked out of place and blocked the lower opening.
I used a piece of flat stock and some angle iron to cobble together a new plate bracket that I dropped down a few inch's out of the way on the valance panel.

CURT LEVINBERG

mount it to the front skid plate, it on the front like the law stated. California has the same law, I had the front facia replace and told the body shop not to drill the holes for the front plate.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wonder how many states actually dictate a location for where the plate is supposed to go. Also what about front lighting, seems like you're to have a plate but don't have to have a front bulb.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I hated to put the front plate on my SR. It looked clean without it. Oh well, life moves on. :(

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Did away with mine and went with a better option. Made a bunch of extra ones out of better material if anyone is interested. That factory bracket cut grooves in my bumper cover.
2018_06240017 - Copy.JPG
2018_06240020 - Copy.JPG
2018_06260003.JPG
2018_06260004.JPG
2018_06240021 - Copy (2).JPG

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Did away with mine and went with a better option. Made a bunch of extra ones out of better material if anyone is interested. That factory bracket cut grooves in my bumper cover.
Nice clean alternative for mounting the License plate. Would be nice if Virginia would not require them.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
0701181511.jpg
My wifes Challenger came with one of those ugly plastic blocks to be attached to the front bumper, I stopped the dealership just in time from punching holes through the paint. I replaced the factory plate holder with a "Mr Mikes" removeable plate holder that attaches under the front valence where any attachement holes are not seen

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Yes you were lucky you stopped them. Personally I don't want holes drilled in my bumper and especially when done by the shadetree prep geek.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I still haven't put my front plate on. Lol. It's sitting under my rear seat.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
State man pulled me over a couple of times over the years for not having a front plate. Still hate the plates. :mad:

Related Content You Might Like: