• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Led Under Hood & Bed Lights

mattgecko

MATT GECKO LED's ............ LIGHTING UP Toyota’s since 2012!

Tacoma: 2005 - 2017 Waterproof LED HOOD & BED light kits
LED light kits come mostly pre-assemble and are designed for the non-DIY (electrical newbie) to the experienced installer. Everything that you need to install the kit is included (except basic hand tools) and includes easy to follow installation instructions with lots of pictures. I use super bright 5050 waterproof LED's light strips, all connections to the LED’s are soldered with shrink tubing over the connections. Light strips come with upgraded "high strength" 3M adhesive tape and heat shrink crimp connectors.

I accept Papal, Western Union and mailed payments.
If you would like more info or to place an order please PM me.

• LED BED LIGHT KIT (cool or warm white LED) ….. TACOMA
Pre-wired (3) LED strips with "upgraded" adhesive backing tape, 28' power wire, zip ties, adhesive squares, bed mounted waterproof push button switch & switch cover, in-line fuse holder / fuses, heat shrink connectors & easy to follow install instructions with lots of pictures.

2nd Gen: 5' Short Bed $75.50 / 6' Long Bed $80.50
3rd Gen: 5' Short Bed $80.00 / 6' Long Bed $85.0

Includes USPS shipping with tracking number - USA (CANADA add $18).

• Optional - Hood Light Kit (single color)
Pre-wired (2) long LED strips, push button switch with rubber switch boot cover and parts bag.
2nd & 3rd Gen: Purchased with bed light kit $50.00 / without $60

Warm white VS Cool White

Warm white bed:

Warm White hood lights:

Bed light kits are compatible with all tonneau covers

Bed mounted switch, can be mounted near power outlet or inside of the cab.

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Kenny I've got lights under the hood and tonneau cover in my Chevy, white under the hood and red in the bed.
Bed lights are mounted to the cover and have a quick disconnect to take the cover off. They're also wired into the factory bed light switch and have an idependant switch mounted on the bed rail at the tailgate.
Hood lights have a spring contact switch.
The bed lights are red, only thing vendor had available when I bought them, when I get the motivation I'll change them out for white.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
My 93 Chevy had 1 week light under the hood. My 97 Chevy has none. I have thought about putting something, but it is not high on my priority list. I am doing the big 3 up grade on it now, but I will be adding ground wires (#2 AWG welding lead) to the frame, engine, alt, and cab. I installed a #2 AWG welding lead wire, with a 100 amp fuse from the alt to the battery today. I saw an improvement on the amp gauge as soon as I started the truck. I am also thinking about adding electric cooling fans to the rad., but If I do, I will have to do a salvage yard find for the fans, $300 to $400 is more than I want to spend. The main reason for the fan swap, is for the AC to work better, but I love performance too.

mattgecko

Heres a little picture spam for you guys! :cool:

I can make lighting for any truck or car.

Custom utility shell
[photo="medium"]1126[/photo]
Tundra bed lights
[photo="medium"]1129[/photo]
Awning lighting
[photo="medium"]1125[/photo]
car under hood lights
[photo="medium"]1127[/photo] [photo="medium"]1128[/photo]
Dual bed lights, red and white with individual switches
[photo="medium"]1124[/photo]

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If he is a spammer kudo's to him, he went to a lot of work to demonstrate his product and get worthwhile advertising.
Mattgecko are all your lights sold as kits or do you sell individual light strips and parts/pieces?
As I posted I might soon get the energy to swap out my Chevys bed lights.
My Tacoma already has rock lights, Underwood lights and rear work lights.

mattgecko

If he is a spammer kudo's to him, he went to a lot of work to demonstrate his product and get worthwhile advertising.
Mattgecko are all your lights sold as kits or do you sell individual light strips and parts/pieces?
As I posted I might soon get the energy to swap out my Chevys bed lights.
My Tacoma already has rock lights, Underwood lights and rear work lights.
I generally sell them as kit but happy make up whatever the customer would like.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
You know, this brings up a good point about aftermarket creativity and need-filling ingenuity ... then the manufacturers jump in and offer it up as an option.

Case in point, remember the heyday of the conversion van? Upgraded packages straight from the manufacturer (entertainment systems, upgraded seats, fridges, etc) killed that industry just about completely. I think having a well lighted bed, instead of a single exterior cab light and going with under rail mounted leds makes for a better lighting display.

Wonder how long until they're an option? I know some rv manufacturers are building in led light strings into their products already.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
In the early 90's certain GM trucks had a retractable Underwood light, like Kenney was talking about. The bulb was weak but could be swapped out for an 1157 stop lamp I think, with two elements. They were a simple wire/bolt in, can't find them in the yards any more.

Related Content You Might Like: