• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Kitchen remodel wife wants granite countertops

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Found a guy in dallas that's a straight shooter. This is funny.

His dad started a large showroom granite business. Coffee, snacks, sales people who cost $100k per year.

This guy said no. You can bring people straight into the warehouse and show them the granite. His dad said no won't work. Well, it does.

His younger brother said they could do a lot of this on social media. This guy said it wouldn't work. Now they get a majority of their business on facebook.

Just funny how technology changes stuff and can make it cheaper by lowering costs.
20190216_154555.jpg

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I've never seen a granite showroom. All the granite sellers out here just let you wander the warehouse and pick out what you want. Hey, granite isn't used cars.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
fullsizeoutput_43e.jpeg
I hauled explosives exclusively for 10 years. 2 of our clients were granite quarries in Vermillion Bay On. On one occasion the detonating cord was labelled incorrectly and instead of cracking the rock it broke it all into chunks. A months worth of drilling and thousands of dollars damage.
Usually the pieces were cracked into about 30,000lb piece so 3 could be loaded on trailers.
Definitely plenty of labour involved in making a slab.
Cement counter tops are nice but if not maintained cost a arm and a leg to bring back to original condition. Granite definitely the way to go.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Got around to doing the backsplash. Going to paint the cabinets white

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Got around to doing the backsplash. Going to paint the cabinets white
I don’t know much but my painter friend recommended melamine paint for painting my bathroom cabinets
It applies very smooth. I was impressed

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The contrast wasn't right between the yellow undertone on the granite and the whiteish stone so i added enhance and seal to make the stone pop more. That and the white cabinets should be the look we're going for.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
View attachment 8581 I hauled explosives exclusively for 10 years. 2 of our clients were granite quarries in Vermillion Bay On. On one occasion the detonating cord was labelled incorrectly and instead of cracking the rock it broke it all into chunks. A months worth of drilling and thousands of dollars damage.
Usually the pieces were cracked into about 30,000lb piece so 3 could be loaded on trailers.
Definitely plenty of labour involved in making a slab.
Cement counter tops are nice but if not maintained cost a arm and a leg to bring back to original condition. Granite definitely the way to go.
That was your rig? Nice.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
After drying overnight i asked my wife to send a pic of the backsplash. She sends me a pic of thre cabinets illuminated with a flash and the backsplash dimmed out.

But you can see the much darker color.
20190506_163524.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Plus i made a color mistake with the white silicone. I'll scrape it off and replace with clear or tan silicone.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I might try to strip and paint white the cabinets this next weekend.

Wait. We have a baseball trophy game this Saturday. I guess we have to wait a week.

Related Content You Might Like: