• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Jayco Jay Flight 23MB trailer / 26BH Trailer & Quality Build Problems

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Got a good deal on a Jay Flight 23MB trailer today at the Dallas RV Supersale from www.RV-max.com and it's only 4200+ lbs so I should have no problems towing it with anything.

Camping time! We take delivery next week.

HaylettRV.com - 2015 Jay Flight 23MB Murphy Bed B…:

We're getting the tv and bumper hitch grill added for free and going to have them add the outdoor chill n store fridge to go along with it for another $200.

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Nice Steve, looks like it has all the required amenities for short get aways.
Jayco is a popular trailer mfg with a wide line of products.
Were looking at a Cherokee light XL, any thing from 23 to 32, really depends on options and prices.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Thanks, we figure that we'll be able to take just enough stuff to make due for short weekend trips to week long vacations. We wanted something big enough where we could all sit inside if it's raining outside, but not to comfy so we spent all our time inside. Should last us for a while too.

TDave

100 Posts
What's the recommended speed limit towing those things? 55? I see a lot of the Jayco manufactured ones. Are they considered the best, or maybe there aren't many competitors?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The double axle trailers are much easier to tow at normal freeway speeds. I'm not aware of any specific limit as it's really a factor of the tow vehicle more than the trailer.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I think we are not going to take delivery of this unit because that door only opens to 90° and that's going to really bother me. (I thought they had it propped open half way at the show but that's not true) ... They have a unit that's 3 feet longer w/o the Murphy bed, but they're playing games on the pricing. :( anyhow the longer unit means they have more room for the door to open up fully.

TDave

100 Posts
Do those salesmen do a lot of finagaling like car salesmen used to do, or does the internet provide you with a lot of reviews and pricing to help you not get screwed on prices?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, there is a LOT of room to move on these items. There is a website called seedealercost.com and it tells you what these RVs are being sold for from the factory, but that doesn't include freight, which can be $1250+ to move one of these coaches, however they are entitiled to earn money too, so there's a number in the middle that makes sense.

We backed out of this deal and are going with the Jayco 26BH. There is no slide, but with a dry weight of 4600 lbs, we can tow is early behind most any crossover vehicle and if we get a Highlander for a tow vehicle later this year, we'll be at the upper limit of what we can tow, it we get a Sequoia, then we'll be fine and we'll add a bike rack to the back of it actually and we'll go out and have some fun.

TDave

100 Posts
You can't ride in those things when they're being towed, right? Only motoroized RV's you can ride in?

I'm such an RV/camper/trailer noob.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
nothing towed like this can be ridden in, it changes the balance of the trailer, hard to contract the driver to stop (other than call phone), etc

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Indiana Road Laws

Size Limitations: Height, 13'6"; Width, 8'6", Trailer Length, 40'; Motorhome Length, 45'; Combined Length, 60'. Triple towing is allowed if the total maximum length does not exceed 65'.

Required Equipment: Safety chain, breakaway switch, flares or reflective signs, brakes for gross weight vehicles of 3,000 pounds.

Riding of passengers in fifth wheels, travel trailers and pickup camper is allowed.

Overnight parking is permitted in state rest areas.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Having a lot of quality control issues on the 26bh jayco trailer. It's disappointing.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Ouch, thats quite a few issues.
I'm guessing RV dealers arent bound by warranty repair as much as auto mfgrs and dealers.
Also a waiting list? That tells me the mfg has to many quality issues.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The first time I talked with them they said there was an 8 week wait for non-customers, then I asked to be put on it and they said ok, but I never was put on it. Then I contacted them again and they said that they could not put me on the list because I would certainly want these addressed faster ... wrong!

I really don't have time to take an empty trailer to Longview, and since there is so much to do they want it there at 8 am, so I have to leave my house at like 4:30 am. Then there's the chance that they can't get it fixed in one day, so I either have to stay overnight and hope they have it done the next day, or I have to drive home and them drive back to pick it up.

So that's either 6 hours of driving with a possible hotel stay, or 12 hours of driving ... just to get service work done. That's crazy considering there are two or three Jayco dealers within 45 minutes of my house.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Just got in touch with another local dealer and they said to drop it off on Monday and they'll walk through the trailer with me and will work on it.

That's such a relief that they're willing to take it in and will hopefully go to bat for me. I always thought that the dealer who's going to see me on monday was a very high quality organization, so we'll see what they have to say.

Related Content You Might Like: