• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

It's Camping Season! Who's going camping this year?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Took the new trailer out for a nice week long trek across east Texas and Southeast Oklahoma, week before last, so it's officially camping season again!

I'll add some more pics shortly.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Here's some more pics of our last camping trip.

Dallas to Longview ~ Monday Day
We started out by driving out to the Longview, Texas area to pick-up our new trailer from Hayes RV. It was a hassle-free experience!

Longview & East Texas area ~ Monday Evening - Tuesday Morning
Got hooked up and drove to the Lake O' The Pines, stayed there in the state campground overnight. It was raining, and we had some issues with the trailer but Hayes sent people out to fix it, so it's all good.

20150310_095650.jpg

20150310_105918.jpg
20150310_110006.jpg

Broken Bow, OK (Beavers Bend) ~ Tuesday Afternoon - Wednesday Afternoon

Drove straight north to Beavers Bend State Park near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. That's a great campground! Really liked it, there's something there for everyone. They've got a river that's stocked from a local fishery, plus the lakes on the east side of the state are at capacity while the lakes in the center of the state and further west are all well below the typical banks.

20150310_144045.jpg
20150312_101038.jpg
20150312_101049.jpg

However, it was raining a lot and the forecast showed that it was going to keep raining.

Sulphur, OK (Chickasaw National Recreation Area) ~ Wednesday Afternoon - Sunday Morning
So we then drove out to where it was supposed to NOT rain as much, turns out that the winds shifted and the parched landscape of central Oklahoma sucked up all the water that fell, so that's a good thing.

20150313_190747.jpg

TDave

100 Posts
do you ever fill up your sewage, or whatever it's called, I can't remember, with 4 or 5 people running around with you?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, Rvs have a blank tank that holds only toilet flushes, so raw sewage and tp. We have gotten full but just pull up to a dump station when leaving. I think I've got a clog now, so have to apply since chemicals.

TDave

100 Posts
How many typical days a family of four go before it gets too full? Or does it depend on the size of the tank?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Haven't determined propane usage yet, I'm going to have to deplete at least one tank fully before I determine that.

Inside the trailer the following use propane.

Water heater (electric option too).
Floor vented air heater.
Refrigerator (electric option / auto).
Range burners, oven.
External grill propane quick connect line.

So in the winter, unless you have an electric space heater and are plugged in to an electric outlet, you're going to use the gas heater more. Also, if you're off the grid and want hot water you'll have to use the gas water heater instead of the electric water heater, etc.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
My concern is the weight of the bottles. If my calculations are correct, these bottles are going to weight over 100 lbs each, so guess they'll need to be swapped with a full bottle on a hand truck or refilled while on the trailer still.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
How many typical days a family of four go before it gets too full? Or does it depend on the size of the tank?
Black tank I think is 39 gallons, grey tank is also 39 gallons. We filed up the grey tank once, but emptying is easy. Plus many people camping use these portable tanks and those can quickly be moved to the dump station.

RV Parts Country Portable Waste Holding Tanks RV …:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Thinking ahead ...

1) Get a house with a big enough lot so I can get a full sized truck, probably a new model Tundra.

2) get a full sized truck.

3) get a bigger trailer.

My current house is next to a large 20 acre park and we get just enough hoodlums and crackheads in there that we have to park in the garage.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
I love camping, helps to get away from it all, de-stress and hang out with friends and family. Plus I'm a lot more active when I actually make an effort to go camping and boating, otherwise I waste a lot of time and just lay around the house. Not to mention that the outdoors really doesn't change so helps brings back a lot of memories of my growing up years.

Related Content You Might Like: