• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

I need some help with my 2010 Tacoma Headlights

Phil Tingle

I just bought a 2010 Toyota Tacoma access cab TRD off road and the head lights are tarnished and yellow will the lights from a 2010 TRD sport fit? Thanks in advanced for everyones help

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Yes, they will fit perfectly--same exact body/front end. The foggy, yellowed headlights are a very common problem with Tacomas. Another temporary solution (ask me how I know) is to buy a "Headlight Refurbishing" kit from Walmart or a parts store. They're cheap, and contain some very fine sandpaper, a polishing wheel for a power drill, and some polishing compound/paste. You carefully mask off the body parts around the headlights, sand off the yellow/oxidized plastic, then buff it out until it is clear and shiny. This "treatment" will last about 6-9 months depending on how much sun the headlights are exposed to. Then you will have to do it again. Takes a couple of hours for both headlights.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I recommend the restoration kit also. I have a couple vehicles with plastic lenses, they all, Toyota, Chevy, Ford, Nissan, etc, yellow with age, even aftermarket lenses do the same thing.
The few solutions are: Find glass lenses, continue to change plastic lenses every 10-12 months, of learn how to use a restore kit.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I just bought a 2010 Toyota Tacoma access cab TRD off road and the head lights are tarnished and yellow will the lights from a 2010 TRD sport fit? Thanks in advanced for everyones help
What did you decide?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'd be interested to see what direction you end up going down.

Related Content You Might Like: