• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Husky Weatherbeater Series Review - 2014 Rav4 Limited

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
For the past 2 years, had the OEM all weather mats in our RAV4. This is the wife's daily driver so it sees all types of weather throughout the year from rain to snow and even the occasional mud. They have done a pretty good job considering - but are lacking in coverage and containment. What bugs me the most on OEM or regular floor mats is that whatever gets on them, will eventually, end up scattered all over the carpet. Snow is the worst, when it melts all the liquid runs off the mats and soaks into the carpet.

Searched the web and decided on the Husky Weatherbeater Floor Liners. They offer a great quality product which is Guaranteed for Life in three colors (black, grey, tan) that gives both good coverage and containment. The correct Husky Liners Weatherbeater in black is Item# 98971. This # fits all 2014 RAV4 models including the Limited, LE, and XLE. Included is both the Front and 2nd seat floor liners. The MSRP for these at the time of this posting was $179.95. A bit pricey but you can do better than that by searching the web. I found mine on Amazon and the selling price was $154.89:

Package arrived by FedEx with everything in one box. The material they use is a cross between rubber and a hard plastic. The Liners are pre-molded and fitment is ensured by their "FormFit Design". Just my opinion, but the front liners seem to be a bit more heavy duty than the rear liners possibly because they will see the most abuse. Then again, it could just be that the rear is one big molded piece - so it seems to "flex" more. The "Stay-Put Cleats" will keep the mat from going anywhere once in place. The drivers side has the holes for OEM lock down buttons. This is what I got straight out of the box:

Front Drivers side OEM and HuskyLiner compaired side by side. Wow! You can see the coverage difference. The OEM is completely fat compared to the Liners which are molded into a pan shape:

Rear Mats and HuskyLiners compaired side by side. Again, you can see the coverage difference:

Installation is straightforward. Remove old mats and clean carpeted floorboard completely. Be careful with the bottom Liner Cleats, if they hang on any leather, vinyl, or plastic surface, they could scratch or tear it. To make installation a bit easier, lay the floor-liners in the sun, they will soften up a bit and be more flexible when installing. Just flex the Liner and guide the front in first and then lay rear in place. The molded pan shape will help position Liner in for a perfect fit. Notice the indentation at the fuel door release - this provides room for your fingers to get under release handle and lift up. Here is the drivers side Liner installed:

Here is the passenger side Liner installed:

Finally, the 2nd row Liner installed:

Overall the wife and I are pleased with the HuskyLiners. Fitment was perfect and quality is up there. The "pan" shape of the Liners will definitely keep all liquid and debris inside. As far as cleaning - just take them out and rinse and/or wash with soapy water. If you want to keep them looking new, wipe them down occasionally with your favorite interior protestant.

Last edited:

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I compared WeatherTech against the Huskyliner and decided to go for the HL's for the RAV4. They both make a high quality product but the HL's had a little bit more coverage.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Great write-up. Were those your pics or marketing photos from the manufacturer? Hard to tell.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The first picture is off the web. All others I took myself.

Related Content You Might Like: