• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How often do you wash your truck?

How often do you wash your truck?

• Not very often - just a few times per year

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Infrequently - every 6 to 8 weeks

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Monthly - at least once per month, more if really needed

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Every week - just like clockwork, clean it out each week

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • As Needed - only clean her up when needed, not on a timeline

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

upatree64

I wash mine usually at one of those self washing places if I'm going to some family event or otherwise where someone might possibly be checking out my truck. Otherwise it just doesn't get washed off much because even though I'm in the woods weekly I rarely ever get a tremendous amount of mud on it or under it. Thankful I live in a rocky hilly terrain with creeks to cross.[drive thru wash as I like to say]

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
My wife cleans her 4 runner often. A few times a week or as needed. She is out there compounding and waxing it rite now. As for my 97 Chevy PU. almost every day. Well I guess I will go help her now. I just came inside to cool off.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I hardly ever wash any vehicle in the winter anymore, usually around March is when I'll do the first cleaning for the spring and these days with such a busy schedule I'm only finding that i can clean about every other Saturday. Almost always I go to one of these $5 ride-thru washes ... and here's a hint, if you camp out near the entrance on a busy day you can usually spot someone coming in for a high dollar wash with all of the extra soaps and conditioners that they have to offer, usually for an extra $15 or so. If you follow them in, in such a way that you're right behind them ... you can get the $5 wash and get a lot of the benefit of the extra $15 worth of stuff that they're sure to get.

You know this works if you see that vehicle in front of you get the extra undercarriage wash, the tri-color soaps and protecters, etc.

upatree64

I hardly ever wash any vehicle in the winter anymore, usually around March is when I'll do the first cleaning for the spring and these days with such a busy schedule I'm only finding that i can clean about every other Saturday. Almost always I go to one of these $5 ride-thru washes ... and here's a hint, if you camp out near the entrance on a busy day you can usually spot someone coming in for a high dollar wash with all of the extra soaps and conditioners that they have to offer, usually for an extra $15 or so. If you follow them in, in such a way that you're right behind them ... you can get the $5 wash and get a lot of the benefit of the extra $15 worth of stuff that they're sure to get.

You know this works if you see that vehicle in front of you get the extra undercarriage wash, the tri-color soaps and protecters, etc.
We may have to rename you Mr Thrifty.. lolol.. follow the guy getting the expensive wash. lol you're a site but I could see where you would be right. Now I know who the guy is lurking close to the entrance .. lol

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Our "fleet" gets driven through one of those looong drive-thru car washes about once a month, or during the winter whenever the car gets covered in mag chloride--then immediately. Does a reasonable job, but kinda expensive.

Once clean, I do waxing at home, and clay bar once a year or so. Love clay bars.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm going to the car wash at lunch today, this will be the 2nd time washing this week.

Related Content You Might Like: