• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How do you know if after market parts have been used on your Toyota?

PurpleRose

TTC Chicks
I am looking at the Toyota trucks and desire to purchase one that fits our family. This brings me another question, if you don't mind me asking.

How do you know if after market parts have been used on your Toyota?

DIY2013

The newer the vehicle the less chance of aftermarket parts being used. Usually, if something needs to be replaced on a vehicle is when after market parts come into the picture. Sometimes the cost is less on aftermarket parts as compared to genuinely made parts for the vehicle. Always check the car fax to see if their are any accidents that have occurred on a vehicle. If anything is in question, it is a good idea to take someone with you that knows a deal about vehicles.

James

100 Posts
You may want to check out the car fax report for the vehicle you are purchasing parts from. It is important to make sure you are not purchasing damaged goods.

Samtucky

100 Posts
Some good advice in this threat. Aftermarket parts are good because they can save you money. There are many companies that produce outstanding aftermarket parts that are just as good as parts made by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Typically speaking 95% of the time if you have a newer vehicle then you should want oem factory parts and not aftermarket. Depending on the part in question it might be easy and it might be difficult.

Related Content You Might Like: