• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How do I remove a bumper sticker?

James

100 Posts
There is this sticker on my 2000 Toyota Pickup that I want to remove. It is from a political candidate that I once supported. I don't know how to remove it without messing up my truck. I am embarrassed to ride around with this sticker. Does anyone have any suggestion for getting it off without leaving a mark?

I will come out and say it. It is an Barack Obama sticker. However, some people give me dirty looks for having this sticker on my truck.

lanebandit

Where is the sticker located? If it is on the glass, have you tried some goo gone? It will dissolve the glue and allow you to remove it.

If it is on the bumper, you might try soaking it in some hot soapy water and use a soft cloth to work at removing it. I am not sure if they make something safe for removal from paint?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Goo Be Gone works real good on stickers, whether their on glass, chrome, or painted surfaces.
You can also try a blow dryer and plastic scraper.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Should work great, if the bumper is chrome you could also use paint remover, it'll eat the sticker and leave a goopy mess to clean off with soapy water.

DIY2013

Adding something over it would look funny, I would think. Nice idea though. I would prefer to remove the sticker. Goo Gone is some really good stuff to remove just about anything.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
GOO B GONE will work provided it can penetrate the sticker. If it can't you will have to be very patient and allow the goobgone to weep in around the edges of the sticker and slowly peel up the edges. A light sanding of the sticker will help the product soak in....

James

100 Posts
I got some Goo Be Gone this morning. However does it work when the temperature is below freezing? Will the stuff freeze?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Never tried in real low temps, probably work itll just be real thick.
Not sure what its freeze point is.

James

100 Posts
Well it was warm yesterday. So I used the Goo Be Gone. Now, I no longer have an Obama sticker on my pickup truck.
Thank you all for your help.

Related Content You Might Like: