• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Historical Stuff............ on Route 66

Counterpart

How many of you get to "get your kicks on Route 66" everyday going to work? I do!
Can anybody identify where this photo was taken? Extra points for you if so!

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I don't see a pic, sorry.

I'm going to be driving through that area in the next few weeks, fyi. Driving from DFW to Phoenix (on I-10) and then on the return trip we're going to head to the Grand Canyon (if we can find a place to camp) and drive I-40 on the way home and probably stop off for the night somewhere in New Mexico.

Counterpart

That's very cool. There is a lot of cool stuff to check out in Albuquerque, and don't regret not getting some of our famous green chili.

Counterpart

On the other side of the city, the poor old Rio Puerco bridge sits unused but as a great little landmark, just between the current Rt 66 and the interstate highway that runs alongside.

Counterpart

I don't see a pic, sorry.

I'm going to be driving through that area in the next few weeks, fyi. Driving from DFW to Phoenix (on I-10) and then on the return trip we're going to head to the Grand Canyon (if we can find a place to camp) and drive I-40 on the way home and probably stop off for the night somewhere in New Mexico.
Can't wait to see the pics - they're sure to be phenomenal.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
We are in Phoenix right now and we should be heading out to Lego Land maybe next week, have some ill family members out here in Phoenix, so that's what brought us out here. Got to see the whole family, so that's good.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm in Albuquerque right now just off i40 for the night. Am I right across the street from you?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
We got up late so I could only drive through the parking lot before we had to leave ... even at that we got home very late last night. So sorry, but it was such a long trip that's all I could manage, wish I had another hour to spare and I would have said hi for sure.

We actually stayed right across the freeway at maybe the worst Holiday Inn Express that I've ever stayed at. Lol, it was a converted motel!!! Oh well, it was open and the price was right. Literally was about 1/2 mile from you.

I'm downloading the photos from the trip right now, I'll post some up when I get a chance.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Not only that but we "think" that we got food poisoning on the way home. I know that's really not possible to prove, but without hijacking this thread any more than I already have, those of us who ate a certain dish of food at a certain un-named restaurant in Amarillo had to make a LOT of urgent bathroom stops on the final stretch of drive back home. :-(

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Haven't been out this way in a couple of years now. Time for a road trip.

Related Content You Might Like: