• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Highlander hybrid battery - how long lasting?

Jeepfan

Hi all.
I'm currently looking to buy a second-generation Highlander Hybrid, but I'm wondering just how long is the battery good for? Does a 10 year old battery still likely to be in good shape? Is there a way to make sure it is before buying? Thanks in advance!

JB1025

There should be a shop to tell you what kinda shape battery's are in 10 years seems pretty standard some people have gotten 12 plus. But depends on what condition's the pack has lived under heat and cold cycles etc. Toyota has pretty decent batterys i know a few Hondas that failed early but i am no expert my RAV4 Hybrid is still under warranty.....lol

jimmyjim

put in a new sealed battery 2 years ago. cost me 55bucks. before that, previous unsealed battery lasted 18 years, 15 of those in central new mexico. i like my Toy truck, (85) but it does require some attention, and occasional parts, lube, adjusment and repairs. lucky for me, my old daddy taught me how to do the work from way back when i was just a kid, and he had a 1950 chevy. battery replacement is a cinch. but maybe money is tight. i can understand that. in the 90s, when i had a datsun truck i used to get batteries every few years at the battery rebuild shop for about 19 bucks. didnt last as long as new, but was affordable on the lousy pay i was making in those years.

JB1025

put in a new sealed battery 2 years ago. cost me 55bucks. before that, previous unsealed battery lasted 18 years, 15 of those in central new mexico. i like my Toy truck, (85) but it does require some attention, and occasional parts, lube, adjusment and repairs. lucky for me, my old daddy taught me how to do the work from way back when i was just a kid, and he had a 1950 chevy. battery replacement is a cinch. but maybe money is tight. i can understand that. in the 90s, when i had a datsun truck i used to get batteries every few years at the battery rebuild shop for about 19 bucks. didnt last as long as new, but was affordable on the lousy pay i was making in those years.
Were talking hybrid battery pack not a standard 12 volt battery.

jimmyjim

Ah, yes, of course. doubt this old guy here, meaning me, is ever going to get used to this modern world. my 7 year old grandson keeps updating me on modern technology i never heard of. but give me old school, and better than half the time im right on top of it, he he.

Jeepfan

Thanks JB for this advice. I will try to locate an independent shop that could test the battery pack before buying. Might be a few buvks well invested, since I'm afraid that a new (or refurbished?) battery pack will probably cost approx 50% of the residual value of this 2nd gen Highlander Hybrid...

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
There are Toyota dealers online that will sell you the hybrid battery.

Related Content You Might Like: