• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

help save a 1979 toyota hi-lux

cometguy65

hello i am having a lot of trouble,and could really use some help.i have a 79 toyota hilux 2wd.its has the 20r 5spd. me and my son are students at nashville auto diesel college,we were using her to get us back and forth on weekends to see my wife and other children.when about two monthes ago the gears in the tranny locked up,cause i had a leaking seal i hadnt noticed.now the problem is i have been looking everywhere for another 5spd but no luck,except ebay where they are wanting over $500 plus shipping.as i said i am unemployed at the moment and a student with a wife and kids so thats not gonna cut it.i really wanted to fix her up.i have new[cherry bomb]exhaust,tie rods,clutch,clutchmaster and slave cylinder,tires and alignment,brakes,etc etc.if i cant find a trans i will have to let her go.either as parts/scrap or someone elses project.please help if you can.i dont have alot money,but as i said i am a student at nadc and maybe i can trade some work for it. thank you all for listening to my crying fest.and god bless.
patrick,and his toy mouse.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's quite a story, probably hard to switch gears in the middle of a bad economy, glad that your on a solid career path with your son, good luck to both of you.

... I'm on the road right now, that's all the response i can type for now.

cometguy65

thanks

That's quite a story, probably hard to switch gears in the middle of a bad economy, glad that your on a solid career path with your son, good luck to both of you.

... I'm on the road right now, that's all the response i can type for now.
thanks it was a hard decision but lay offs and no experience for my son made it the right one

cometguy65

i am really getting desparate here.nobody has a 5spd??? looks like i may be selling her soon.if anyone interested $900 obo.has new tie rods,cherrybomb exhaust,all the clutch system,brakes,tires,alignment,water pump,fan belt. i would still prefer a transmission,if anyone has one.

Related Content You Might Like: