• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

help, i need your knowlage

jquinn1991

i drive a 09 tacoma prerunner sr5 4cyl i have a broken taillight, and now am starting to experience other problems. i had my truck framed out stuck lastnight. long story.. and since getting stuck my ac stopped (still blows air but cant blow cold air) my blinkers stopped working. my speedometer went out, my check engine light came on and my traction control has a light on, my switch does nothing. any way these are linked? anyone ever experience something like this? i think maybe something in the electrical system was fried through the rear taillight? any ideas? thanks in advanced! -joe

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Check the fuses, dont remember which one but theres a fuse in the interior panel that ties all those systems together, if you look I believe youll find yourreverse lights dont work either.

LoveTaco

100 Posts
This is how I replaced the HVAC blower motor resistor on a 2005 Tacoma or newer models.

This is located and appears to be next to the blower motor, actually it sits right next to the firewall a little to the left (drivers side) of the blower motor.

resistorlocation.jpg

First step after you find it is to disconnect the wiring harness, it comes off pretty easily, next there are 2 screws holding the resistor in. There is one on the left as you look at it, there is a second one on the right in about the same position - but on the back of the unit and pretty much not visible. I couldn't see it no matter how far I got under the dashboard.

Electricaldisconnected.jpg

You can feel it though. You will need a 5.5mm socket on a ¼” drive ratchet. It needs to be a ¼” drive because anything bigger won’t fit on the back screw and in the space available. As it is I had to pull the carpet out of the way to get on the hidden screw.

gettingatbackscrew.jpg

Remove both screws and the resistor falls out in your hand, put the new one in, making sure that the little catch on the resistor for the plug is facing you.

resistorholder.jpg

Start both screws, and lightly tighten, connect the wiring harness and your done..

Hope this may help

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: