• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hello, new here

plrod

Just joined as I'm looking for a 4 cyl T100 standard cab long bed (I guess that's the only way they came, don't know for sure) manual 2wd that's not lived in the snow belt. Any year will do even if it's not running. No lifts or drops though, prefer a stock truck.

I'm a big fan of toyo vehicles but to this point have never had one, I do have an 06 LS430 UL if that counts, my wife drives a prius and am also looking for a clean camry 4 cyl for my son, 03 or newer.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site. What did you use to drive and why Toyo now? What type of year/mileage/condition are you looking for as well?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Welcome, not sure how many T100s are still around, seems they stopped making them around 1998 or 1999 maybe?

Welcome to the site though.

plrod

They're hit or miss around here

Welcome, not sure how many T100s are still around, seems they stopped making them around 1998 or 1999 maybe?

Welcome to the site though.
Mostly extended cabs is what's out there, I just missed a nice one with a 5 speed that looked pretty clean. I've been a toyo fan for a long time, but my trucks & SUV's have always been GM products. I was really looking forward to toyo building that HD diesel truck in Texas a few years back but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon. I actually do own a 95 AWD Previa that stays up in WV, forgot about that one.

Basically I'm looking for a light full size truck that I might eventually drop a 4 cyl mercedes diesel with a 5 speed into. I'm somewhat of a diesel fan, blending fuels, waste oils, cooking oils etc. I drive a K1500 suburban with a 6.5 and would like to add a light full size truck to the mix for my business and occasional personal needs. I could also go the CK truck route which would probably make more sense since there's so many of them out there, it's just that the T100 is a lighter truck and would be lighter for the HP starved project, the 2.2 diesel puts out about 90 HP is all. Who knows, perhaps I find a 4 cyl T100 and it gets decent enough mileage not to fool with the project. I've already got the engine and manual tranny though but that's pretty marketable and I'm not that attached to anything I own.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
You know, I still see them from time to time. How far are you willing to travel to get one? I once sold a truck to a guy in Florida (I'm in Dallas Texas) who needed a good shop truck that could double for a "wide load" lead truck for his business that moved trailers around. After all of the hurricanes that hit one year down there, he did the math and saved himself like $4,000 by flying here to buy a used truck considering all of the good trucks were going for a premium in Florida at that time.

plrod

I'm not opposed to doing just that, in fact I've done it before. If you or anyone's has a heads up on a good deal on a relatively clean one, by all means let me know. I appreciate your time. I wouldn't personally go much beyond Eastern TX to get one though but shipping is always an option.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not opposed to doing just that, in fact I've done it before. If you or anyone's has a heads up on a good deal on a relatively clean one, by all means let me know. I appreciate your time. I wouldn't personally go much beyond Eastern TX to get one though but shipping is always an option.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Hope that someone, who is member of this site will sell its clean camry 4 cyl.. welcome aboard pal

plrod

I found and pulled the trigger on a 97 T 5 speed, it's not clean but it will work for me, I just need an economy beater truck with a big bed. I'm sure once I get it it'll turn into a clean truck eventually. I just have to make it clean enough looking that my wife will let me park it in front of our house occasionally. Now I'm planning my adventure to go get it, summer fun to include a 6 hour motorcycle ride through the mountains, can't wait...

Related Content You Might Like: