• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hello From Texas -

TexasDan

Toyota front.jpg Hi TTF members,

My name is Dan. I live on a small ranch in Ellis County, Texas. My purpose in joining the forum is to get some advice on selling my Dad's old Toyota truck. Dad bought this truck new in '86 right before he retired. Since he never drove it to work he did not put many miles on it. He passed away in '98 and I kept it for sentimental reasons. I registered it until 2000 and used it to get feed and such. After that I just used it for a ranch mule around the place and did not bother to register it. It ran fine until about two or three years ago. The wife and I went on a two week RV trip and when I returned I found that squirrels had damaged (destroyed) the wiring in the Toyota. (They had also damaged her Jeep and my old Super Duty.) I had always planned on restoring Dad's truck myself but never quite made the time to tackle it. The truth of the matter is that I don't have the necessary skill set to do the work. Anyway, it has just been sitting by my barn since then. I have finally convinced myself to get rid of it however I would prefer that someone get it that will take the time to get it back on the road. A buddy that used to be a hot-rodder suggested I contact a Toyota forum before I just list it on Craig's List. If nobody on the forum needs a project, I would appreciate any suggestions as to the amount I should list it for. As I said, it is not currently running. The upside is that it has fewer than 65,000 miles on it. If I can figure it out I will add a couple of pictures to this post. Thanks for any input you can provide.
Regards,
Dan

Attachments

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome to the forum Dan. That would be a nice project truck!

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are several members here from TX. As for price well that's a little hard to say. Not running $1000 or so. Running $2500 to $3500

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
View attachment 5736 Hi TTF members,

My name is Dan. I live on a small ranch in Ellis County, Texas. My purpose in joining the forum is to get some advice on selling my Dad's old Toyota truck. Dad bought this truck new in '86 right before he retired. Since he never drove it to work he did not put many miles on it. He passed away in '98 and I kept it for sentimental reasons. I registered it until 2000 and used it to get feed and such. After that I just used it for a ranch mule around the place and did not bother to register it. It ran fine until about two or three years ago. The wife and I went on a two week RV trip and when I returned I found that squirrels had damaged (destroyed) the wiring in the Toyota. (They had also damaged her Jeep and my old Super Duty.) I had always planned on restoring Dad's truck myself but never quite made the time to tackle it. The truth of the matter is that I don't have the necessary skill set to do the work. Anyway, it has just been sitting by my barn since then. I have finally convinced myself to get rid of it however I would prefer that someone get it that will take the time to get it back on the road. A buddy that used to be a hot-rodder suggested I contact a Toyota forum before I just list it on Craig's List. If nobody on the forum needs a project, I would appreciate any suggestions as to the amount I should list it for. As I said, it is not currently running. The upside is that it has fewer than 65,000 miles on it. If I can figure it out I will add a couple of pictures to this post. Thanks for any input you can provide.
Regards,
Dan
Welcome from the southern part of dfw. Looks like a great project truck for someone.

TexasDan

Welcome from the southern part of dfw. Looks like a great project truck for someone.
Steve, We are in northern Ellis County between Midlothian and Waxahachie so probably not too far from you. Please let me know if any of your buddies need a project. Regards, Dan

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Looks like a great little project Dan, and believe me when I say its hard to refuse this one, I'm in Grand Prairie, on Joe Pool lake, shouting distance from you, and I owned this same truck new in 1986 except with grey interrior, and I'm a sucker for Toyota projects.
Your price point will be about $650 to $1000, the buyer will be looking to get it back on the road and turn it into a daily work truck.
Restoration parts are getting hard to find, don't let anyone talk you into parting it out, you might make more money this way but the right buyer is out there.
If I didn't have over a dozen project vehicles already, and limited free time, this truck would be perfect as a commuter/light duty motor cycle hauler for my son in law.

Related Content You Might Like: