• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Headliner cleaning in modern vehicles

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So cleaning a headliner used to be a very difficult project and often you were better off just to replace it if it got too dirty.

However, I just read that manufacturers have really worked on the adhesives in headliners in newer vehicles, so there really is not as much reason to go super light when trying to clean, however you should still do maybe 2" square areas at a time and never saturate the headliner with cleaner.

Anyone had to clean their headliner? One of my vehicle's just had a splatter from an exploding soda and the headliner is spotted with dark stains from the cola. Most people will never look up, but if you do it looks terrible.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
if just a few spots use a terry cloth towel, all cotton, and water. That's it. If more than a few spots and the towel won't work, anything that you do will cause the headliner to separate from its backing. They're actually not that bad to change, just a matter of how much$$$$???

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My kids have it pretty much 25% stained, I'll give it a try.

Related Content You Might Like: