• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Headlight Issue on my 83 pickup

jpierc53

So I am not the best with repairing cars, hence, the reason why I am posting this issue on this forum. My headlights work... sometimes. I was driving back home last night, and my lights, blinkers, brights, stopped working. Then they turned back on after about five minutes, but I am looking to fix this issue before they turn off and a cop happens to be in the area. I am thinking with the limited knowledge that I have that its an issue with a fuse. Any thoughts before I go ahead and start tampering with everything? Thanks!

Stuart

It could be a connection problem. Check if the wires are all properly connected. Good luck!

supernovax3

100 Posts
I would say check the fuse, just go ahead and replace it for good measure--they aren't expensive. I had that same issue with my car as well a few years back. If that doesn't work, then check to make sure all wires are connected properly. If they are, maybe try replacing one of the bulb sockets/holders and see if that does anything. I had that problem lately, where my bulb wasn't out, but the socket was just old and the connections were rusted.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Have you had any luck with figuring out the problem yet? Or are you waiting till you have a day off from work to get to the bottom of it?

You've been given some good advice. I hope it is an easy fix!

FourWD

Generally when headlights go on or off randomly it's because you hit a bump and it sends loose wires or connectors a bit ascued I'm willing to bet that it's a loose wire or connection problem, and that's certainly an easy fix.

I had an old Chevy Celebrity back in the day that had that problem. I was always way too lazy to fix it, until one day I was driving home on an unlit road in the middle of the night. I couldn't see anything, and I couldn't see enough to actually try to fix it on the spot. I had a spotlight that I used for delivering pizzas that I used to navigate myself home. I fixed it the next day. :)

Related Content You Might Like: