• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Grill replacement T-100

crealsteel

Hi Guys
Question
I am wanting to replace the headlights on my 1998 T-100. I know the grill has to snap off. There is one clip in the bottom center I don't know if I can access without dropping the bumper also. Is removal of the bumper necessary ?
Thanks, D

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
About 1/2 through this video, the guy pulls of the grill. This should give you a good idea of what is what.

crealsteel

Thanks Ken
I was able to remove the grill in about 20 minutes. Had just enough clearance on the bottom clip so as to not drop the bumper. I did break the expected 4-5 clips. But I ordered 11 new ones from Toyota. Also unfortunately I cracked one of the horizontal grill brackets that holds a clip right up top under the lip of the hood edge. I might try a treatment of JB weld or some strong adhesive to repair it.
Headlights are on the way. I bought fairly expensive ones offered on Ebay. I watched a few minutes of this video this morning but turned it off because I thought it related to just his light bar. Also happy to see the headlights I bought have these metal tabs attached for the clips. I thought I would have to order those too
Thanks, D

Attachments

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Thanks Ken
I was able to remove the grill in about 20 minutes. Had just enough clearance on the bottom clip so as to not drop the bumper. I did break the expected 4-5 clips. But I ordered 11 new ones from Toyota. Also unfortunately I cracked one of the horizontal grill brackets that holds a clip right up top under the lip of the hood edge. I might try a treatment of JB weld or some strong adhesive to repair it.
Headlights are on the way. I bought fairly expensive ones offered on Ebay. I watched a few minutes of this video this morning but turned it off because I thought it related to just his light bar. Also happy to see the headlights I bought have these metal tabs attached for the clips. I thought I would have to order those too
Thanks, D
I like to see someone putting work into an older ride. My dailey driver is a 1997 3 door Silverado, in mint condition with several sport mods. My wife asked me last weekend, when I was going to be finished with my truck, I said never. It will always be a work in progress. She said, well I sure hope you dont wreck it. I said well if I do, I will get a classic GM to replace it. Really like a 1970-71-72, El Camino.
20190915_112508.jpg
20190914_174716_HDR.jpg
20200927_191122.jpg
20200815_184201.jpg
20200815_184140.jpg

Related Content You Might Like: