• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Grill guards for Tacoma

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for. These used to be regional before shipping and distribution got better. Ranch Hand has been my favorite full grill guard, but there are bullnose push bars and other styles depending on your need.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Like Steve noted, it depends on style.
If your looking for a traditional grill guard ARB has one of the best.
For a rock guard or other type front protection Demello is good and theres normally manny local fab shops willing to build.

georgebb

Thank you guys for the input. I thought I should ask more experienced users before I decide on what to get. I kind of like the ones with step guards and black powder coated brush guards.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
My B.I.L put one of these aftermarket grill guards on his truck...When I grabbed the bar that surrounds headlight he acknowledged that yes its a over priced POS that would no doubt cause more damage than leaving the light uncovered......the gauge of steel in the tubing is maybe 24g a? Lesss?
Build your own and choose a suitable gauge.
JMHO

TDave

100 Posts
Can you replace those grill guards yourself on Toyota's or do you recommend a dealer or somebody do them? Wonder how much of a pain it is.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Depends on the unit, most of the time they are built to be bolted onto existing spots on the frame, sometimes you have to actually drill and bolt though.

Installation of Sportsman Grille Guard on Toyota …:

TDave

100 Posts
Man, I don't think I'd want to mess with drilling my own holes. I don't suppose insurance covers such addons either, right?

Related Content You Might Like: