• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Gears pop out

dboymboy

Does anyone have problems with the T100 transmission? Where it pops out of Third gear?
I've changed the rubber bushing and the plastic piece inside the ball twice. Hopping that was the problem, but it pops out when i release the gas or have my foot on the clutch. It only stays in if i press on the gas and hold it in place. =(

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What's the history of the truck? How many miles and how longs it been happening.

dboymboy

1993 T100 SR5 with 210k miles on it. Been happening for about 6 months.. I don't really drive the truck much it just sits in the back of the house under the shade. If driven I would only drive it about 10 miles to and from.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Youve already replaced the normal culprits.
Doesnt have a body lift does it? Sometimes with bodylifts the sound boot around the shifter makes em pop out of third.
Otherwise Id suspect either the shift fork or synchros are worn internally.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. Curious if you have gotten anywhere with this or not yet.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Does anyone have problems with the T100 transmission? Where it pops out of Third gear?
I've changed the rubber bushing and the plastic piece inside the ball twice. Hopping that was the problem, but it pops out when i release the gas or have my foot on the clutch. It only stays in if i press on the gas and hold it in place. =(
You get this fixed?

peepdog

I have a 93 T100 with 212,000 miles on it....I'm the third owner....The transmission does tend to have problems getting into third gear if I shift too fast...this is due to worn syncros, not the clutch plate, as I had that replaced.....As long as I shift slowly and sometimes double clutch, it will go into gear....This is a cheaper solution than spending $3,000 for a new transmission....Your problem might be due to the worn gears not lining up due to wear.....I put synthetic oil in the transmission, and it did help somewhat.....Another possible fix is the adjustment of the travel fork itself.....

Related Content You Might Like: