• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Fuel system cleaners? Worth the money? Recommendations?

toyotasrule

100 Posts
So there's clearly something to fuel injector and fuel systems cleaners, but how am I supposed to separate the fact from the reality for what I really need when keeping my truck running great? What is really needed when it comes to fuel system treatments?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Even the best running engines leave behind carbon deposits, it's just a byproduct of combustion actually. Over time, you'll get a carbon buildup inside your engine, and it will hurt performance and steal mpg at the same time.

That's what fuel system cleaners are for. They break down that carbon buildup and help your engine get back to a better fuel air mixture.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I use fuel treatments at each oil change for all my vehicles. I also use them in all my small engines but that's a different story. The main reason for me is due to the ethanol fuels that we use. I do not use one specific cleaner or the high dollar ones but switch between fuel injector cleaners, gas treatments, and fuel system cleaners. They all may be the same who knows. So far I have used them for thousands of miles and many years with no problems. Just a little PM in my book.

Related Content You Might Like: