• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Installing new Fuel Sending Unit ... Got Wrong Gas Tank

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
my fuel sending unit line was leaking last year so I patched it with rubber line
Installing new sending unit today just because
Fuel tank is in excellent shape as it is original. I cleaned up a few spots. Rust proofing had been applied at some time. I still rust proof truck annually with Krown
5B1D7755-4493-472C-82F3-A9779CFD1072.jpeg
BBEDFCA6-90CD-48DE-A507-BF30DA9FC09E.jpeg

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I had ordered the wrong gas tank somehow. Noticed on installation day.The one that arrived last year and sat on shelf was for a '91 4x4 Reg cab so sold that, someone got a good deal. Pay CLOSE attention to detail when ordering!
Next up is the transfer case bearing needs replaced. Not today although I did pick up the parts in March,,sort of a trend here eh

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the different gas tanks, what's the difference?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the different gas tanks, what's the difference?
One fits. One dont!:D
They are different sized. I could make the wrong tank work but it sold quick. Also the fuel inlet opening is in different location on regular cab than on the extended cab which I have.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
One fits. One dont!:D
They are different sized. I could make the wrong tank work but it sold quick. Also the fuel inlet opening is in different location on regular cab than on the extended cab which I have.
I guess ask a stupid question ... lol

Related Content You Might Like: