• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

fuel pump

rustfarmer

I built a frankentruck using a 1982 chassis and 1992 engine and body. The 92 fuel tank wouldn't fit without some mods so I used the 82 tank an tried an external fuel pump but seems I may have not used a large enough one. Engine runs lean and pump now has failed. Local parts store shows in tank pump as having 110 to 120 psi and 60 gph delivery, even though the regulator then provides only 40 psi approx. What pump should I try, or should I figure out some way to use an in tank pump?

rustfarmer

Universal external pumps I find show much lower psi (50 to 75) but plenty of volume. Is there any need for the 110 to 120 psi shown for the stock in tank pumps? Help?

rustfarmer

My thought is that the factory fuel pressure regulator may need the high pressure coming in to help it give the proper outflow pressure and volume. Thoughts?

rustfarmer

This unit was running with a cheap external pump I had in the shop but seemed to be running lean (setting code) and that pump finally failed so I'm trying to figure out what pump to use now. Can't use an in tank pump with the 82 tank (at least without some modification).

rustfarmer

Guess it's time to find a new forum as my question seems to get no replies. Surely someone has done this before. FWIW I am going to try a Walbro 190 LPH external pump but have found it requires a 20 amp feed while the stock relay is rated at 15 amps. I will be adding a new 30 amp relay and wiring.

rustfarmer

FWIW problem solved. It took a bit of head scratching to sort the wiring as the new relay required a chassis ground but all good now.

Related Content You Might Like: