• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Fuel Injector Cleaner/Fuel Treatment

supernovax3

100 Posts
Every time I go to Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts, the associates always push this Lucas Oil Fuel Injector Cleaner/Fuel Treatment on me. Supposedly it's better for gas mileage and cleans and lubricates injectors and carburetors. Is this product in any way necessary or helpful or are they just trying to add on useless stuff to make an extra buck?

Daniel

Well I'm sure they won't hurt your car. However, I don't think they are all that beneficial either. I've never used anything like that and my truck runs like clockwork.

supernovax3

100 Posts
Yeah I've never used it either and I've been fine. The associates just seem to SWEAR by it and make it seem so important, I thought it was worth a few second opinions.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I had it done one time. Actually, they didn't ask me if I wanted it done. They just did the fuel injector treatment, which kind of made me mad. But it didn't hurt the truck. I think it did run a little bit better, but I didn't notice a huge difference.

Glenn

Every 5 to 10k miles I put in a can of concentrated Chevron Techron / or Redline fuel injector cleaner. A company called Lubro Moly also makes a good fuel injector cleaner product.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Every 5 to 10k miles I put in a can of concentrated Chevron Techron / or Redline fuel injector cleaner. A company called Lubro Moly also makes a good fuel injector cleaner product.

Does your car gain extra power? Is there any performance difference before a after you put can of concentrated Chevron Techron / or Redline fuel injector cleaner? or it serve just only for cleaner?

Glenn

Using it on a regular basis (every 5k miles or so) will help prevent the injectors from 'clogging up' and having a loss of performance and fuel mileage. If you have already lost some performance. You can try adding a can of the cleaner several times in a row. In other words, add a can of cleaner during your next 3 fillups at the gas station. Follow the directions on the can.

However, if the fuel injectors are badly clogged, the treatment will not help.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Lubro moly? Lol, never heard of it.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Using it on a regular basis (every 5k miles or so) will help prevent the injectors from 'clogging up' and having a loss of performance and fuel mileage. If you have already lost some performance. You can try adding a can of the cleaner several times in a row. In other words, add a can of cleaner during your next 3 fillups at the gas station. Follow the directions on the can.

However, if the fuel injectors are badly clogged, the treatment will not help.
How much is the cost for the Chevron Techron / or Redline fuel injector cleaner? How many can you put in every 5K?

Related Content You Might Like: