• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Fuel efficiency drop by 25% - 30% out of the blue

Raty E

The Tundra in question is a 2008 with a 5.7 engine. The car has 98,000 miles.

The truck has dropped in efficiency by 25% - 30% in June of 2021. The truck had a carrier barring that was going at the time and it was on a 2nd treatment of fuel injection cleaner. The issue continued after changing the carrier barring and is progressively getting worse.

The manual calls for the spark plugs to be changed at 120,000 miles, but I decided to do it early to see if doing so would resolve the issue. The computer was reset by disconnecting the battery for over 30 minutes at this time. We also replaced the PVC valve and I cleaned mass air flow sensor with mass air flow sensor cleaner about 200 miles ago.

I just ran a full tank of fuel with Royal Purple fuel injector cleaner through the truck. A mechanic I know said that is one of the best fuel injector clears out there and he has seen this resolve this issue in other cars he has worked on. Nothing changed.

I just brought the truck to Toyota to have it checked out, but the guy only looked for codes and didn't go into live data to see if he could find any issues.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do from here?

Thank you for your help, Ray

Related Content You Might Like: