• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Frame rust in 2004 Tacoma

We received a letter from Toyota about problems with rust in the frames of 2004 and earlier Tacomas. After taking our 2004 Tacoma to a dealer, it was inspected by dealer service people. We were told that there is rust in the frame and that we have about a year before it it really really bad.

What the dealer is saying is that Toyota will replace the frame. That seems like very invasive surgery given that the frame is the entire under part of the vehicle carring powertrain, suspension, brakes, wheels, etc. What I have read is that the value of the replacement is $13,000 to $14,000 and a huge inconvenience to the owner.

Has anyone else run into this with a 2004? Why wouldn't Toyota just buy the truck like they did with so many 1995-2000 Tacomas. This is a serious problem and we don't want half-way measures taken. Our safety and the safety of our children -- and other motorists is at stake.

Any advice about how to handle this? Shouldn't it be inspected by a Toyoty service rep? Is there someone in service or legal liability at Toyoty we should call.

Any input you can give us will be halpful.

thankyou,

GWTCH

Last edited:

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
haven't heard this before on the 04 but replacing the frame isn't really that bad as you might think. they will craddle the body and lift it off the frame. frame can be replaced in a max of 2 days trust me i have a 05 and i hit a tree and i got a brand new frame under my truck. it took longer to get the parts to fix mine than it did to replace the frame.if you want to talk to somebody call toyota corprat they should direct you in the right direction. they are easier to deal with than going to the dealership

Related Content You Might Like: