• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Found An '87 Sr5 Xtra-cab & Had To Have It.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Last week I found a decent '87 SR5 Xtra-Cab 4x4 on FB that spent almost all its life in Colorado. Had to have it. It's red with grey interior, 22RE engine, 5-speed tranny and 224K miles. Yep, LOTS of miles, but only slight surface rust on the frame & undercarriage. Some rust on the bed, but fixable. Cab (of course) has no rust. Aftermarket (corroded) aluminum wheels with too much positive offset, so they will have to go at some time.

I was looking for an '84 or '85 SR5 Xtra-Cab with the solid front axle and a carb instead of FI, but sometimes ya gotta take what comes along. Turns out that our '83 is just too cramped in the cab for two tall, big folks, hence the quest for an Xtra-Cab.

Yeah, I know--you guys want photos. Soon, I promise.

Last edited:

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Considering that very few 84-88 Toyota trucks ever come up for sale around here, I feel kinda lucky to find one at all, especially an SR5.

Someone at Toyota should be eternally damned for making the decision to NOT rust-proof the American-made beds on these trucks. Most early Toyota beds in this area are full of rust & gaping holes. Big mistake, IMHO.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I'm still spending most of my time working on the '83 pickup. I did change the plugs, plug wires, rotor & cap and vacuum lines on the '87, and doing that really improved the drive-ability of the truck. Amazing how some people seem to never bother doing any preventive maintenance and only work on their trucks when they stop running.

I wish the '87 had air conditioning. Getting hot around here.

Photos soon. Really.

Related Content You Might Like: