• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

For insurance purposes, is a trailer considered part of the tow vehicle?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So, I've been looking into Trailer Insurance for my new trailer. I found a great article on dmv.org.

http://www.dmv.org/insurance/trailer-insurance.php

Trailer Insurance
If you use your vehicle to pull trailers, you should really consider purchasing trailer insurance. This type of insurance will protect you from financial hardship if you damage the contents of your trailer and/or cause damage to another while using your trailer.

While trailer insurance is not a legal requirement in any state, it can especially be valuable to you if you use your trailer on a very regular basis. We’ll review the basics of this type of coverage and go over when you might need it.

So, all this is good and well, but is the trailer covered under the tow vehicle's insurance in case you back up and the trailer hits something, or you lose control and the trailer jackknifes?

Anyone have an answer to that question?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
They continue in the article ...

Trailer Insurance
Generally, your car insurance coverage will extend to your trailer. However, this typically only applies to liability coverages. If you want better protection for your own property, you will need to have trailer insurance.

Related Content You Might Like: