• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Fishing Season!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
We just got back from Tennessee and we did good considering the conditions. We got a 30lb 2-22lb 1-18lb 1-24lb 1-20lb that were all stripers. Then we caught a 50lb paddle fish. Never saw one, but it's a weird fish. I had a blast though.
Wow, pics?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Went to cheeseman lake, Should never have launched. Too cold and windy, only 3 fish. So cold I tried to warm up to this bear for a hug ,,, she would have no part of me, 3 Cubs with her
image.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Went to cheeseman lake, Should never have launched. Too cold and windy, only 3 fish. So cold I tried to warm up to this bear for a hug ,,, she would have no part of me, 3 Cubs with herView attachment 4346
Wow, that's too close for comfort for me actually. I've been close to a black bear before, when I was a kid up in Idaho.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Supposed to go fishing this morning but fish in' buddy "Mary Fishskinner" been sick all night. I am not surprised by responses of others I phoned at 5:30 this am who declined an invitation even though they are booked to go fishing with me later in the week. At 5:30 am nobody wants to jump out of bed and go fishing. Heck all they need to bring are their flip flops.
image.jpg

Last edited:

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
No...left it hooked up,,,got another victim for Tuesday. I do go alone frequently. Last night when I hooked up engine started sputtering and farting..#1 plug wire needed "repair" Maybe the wires are getting old so ordered a new set closeout sale at Rockauto $5.62,,sounds like a bargain even in US dollars!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I try not to go out alone either on the water, it's been a long time but I did have an engine sputter out and could never get it started and I was at least 2 miles out. I did have some water skis thought and I was able to paddle with the ski, took a long time to get to shore but I was able to get there and tie up the boat while I went for assistance to pull me back into the marina.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
It was my Toyota engine acting up. Good thing just a plug wire. I have Honda on boat. Plus backup power. Used to always have a kicker engine until I got this little electric motor. Pretty remote some areas I go into where I may be the only person on the lake
image.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, after the experience (which wasn't life or death or anything, just annoying) we got the engine tuned up and added a small 2 or 3 hp trolling engine as well just for backup. To the best of my knowledge we never had any issues with that boat again (this was the 80's) and we kept it until the early 90's when we got a larger boat.

IIRC, that boat was a 1969 Fiberform that my grandfather had bought in the 70's. He gave it to my dad in the mid 80's and we put on a monster of an Evenrude outboard engine, I think it was like a 200hp engine on a 16' fiberglass boat ... we actually could ski 4 people behind that boat! Anyhow, that engine gave us the problem and after getting it tuned up we never had any issues with it.

Looked something like this, but cleaner as I waxed that thing every spring, we put in new seats and indoor/outdoor carpet into it. Was my first boat!

Related Content You Might Like: