• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

First Toyotacare Service - What is Toyotacare?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm getting the first Toyotacare service on my Tundra right now. Really different feeling having a new truck that gives you free service for 2 years / 25,000 miles.

I went over 1k on my first service, just didn't have time at 5k miles, but that shouldn't affect anything long-term. I'll be back before 11,000 miles.

What is Toyotacare?
I grabbed this from the Toyota site directly. Yes, it really is included in the cost of purchase.

Joining the ToyotaCare family ensures that your vehicle is maintained with Genuine Toyota Parts and serviced by factory trained Toyota technicians. That’s why we include a no cost maintenance plan with the purchase or lease of every new Toyota vehicle, for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. 24-hour roadside assistance is also included for 2 years and unlimited miles. You can obtain your no cost ToyotaCare service at any participating Toyota dealership.

What does Toyotacare cover?

NO COST SERVICE Toyota is devoted to safety and dependability, and proper vehicle maintenance is important to both. ToyotaCare delivers on the following Maintenance Guide services, when required, at no cost for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Engine Oil and Filter Change
- Rotate Tires
- Multi-Point Inspection
- Inspect & Adjust Fluid Levels

24 Hour Roadside Assistance for two years too

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE4 24-hour service available at no cost for 2 years from the effective date and unlimited miles. Services include: Battery Jump Start Lockout Protection Emergency Fuel Delivery Tire Service Impaired tire will be replaced with your inflated spare. Towing To the nearest Toyota dealership (or to the Toyota dealership of your choice within 25 miles of the nearest dealer). Winching Extrication from any ditch, mud, sand or snow. Vehicle must be immediately adjacent to a regularly travelled road and capable of being serviced with standard servicing equipment.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
In a nutshell - it's basically 2 free oil changes. The road side service is a better deal if ever needed. With that said, I never used the free Toyota care on any of my vehicles since I like to do my own services. Waiting until the 10k mark for oil changes is a bit too much for my liking. But I'm a bit of a old school thinker. After each service I keep paper copies for my records and log it on the ToyotaOwners site. If any warranty issues ever come up I can provide all documentation.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, they mapped it out, you're right about the oil change interval It's every 5k miles to get topped off fluids, tires rotated, a free carwash, etc. Every 10k you get an oil change of full synthetic oil included which alone would run $90+ at a local shop if they did it for you. Here's a screenshot of the timeline.

ToyotaCareBrochure_English_FULL_outlined pdf.png

Their goal is to get you coming back into the dealership to keep "Toyota" on your mind so you will keep getting your service done there and you'll have the ability for a lot shark to try to get a bite out of you on a trade-in.

https://www.toyota.com/toyota-owners-theme/pdf/ToyotaCareBrochure_English_FULL_outlined.pdf

Attachments

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The roadside assisance with free jump start could come in handy. I'm still not quite used to the lights staying on when the engine is turned to accessory. I was listening to a saturday college football game when I pulled in at home this fall and just turned the ignition off but back to accessory to have the radio play. I sat there for a good 30 minutes and tried to re-start but no-go. Lights drained the battery down. Since I was at home I was able to jump it pretty quickly, but had I been someplace else getting a free jump with a click of a button on an app (or a quick phone call) would be very well worth it.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I know our local Toyota dealer charges the same $$ for synthetic oil change as the local lube shops. They have a very nice customer service waiting room:D
My truck has yet to get into their shop although wifes' Camry went in for transmission flush at 60K .
My truck just turned 200K miles this week.

Related Content You Might Like: