• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

First Generation Toyota Entune Gripe Page

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So, i'm just getting used to my truck, which is less than 1 week old to me, but it was built a year ago with the first-generation Entune system.

So much to like, so much to gripe about. I'll update this post when I get a list made, but please feel free to add in additional information about what you like or don't like about the first generation of Entune.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So Entune just did an update for me. Seems like there were a couple of things added, maybe things that I didn't see before.

Turning off the Entune notification for photo data charges is really something that takes about 30 seconds, which keeps you from having to constantly click the button to acknowledge that you have hooked your phone up and that Entune will download stuff through your phone. With nearly unlimited data this isn't an issue anymore.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Not surprised. IMHO, Entune mostly sucks. Wait until you try to get somewhere using the NAV system. What a joke!

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I'm another that does not care for entune, But I also don't care for the sound system in general in my Tacoma. It always sounds like the music is playing in another room.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So I've started to experience lags in the GPS on some of the layouts in my truck since the last update. I put it on the GPS with street information turned on with Gas and Food PDIs and the system is really bogged down. I left for work this morning and it took like 5 clicks before my #2 button, which happens to be work (why can't we label these??? that's another gripe), before it was selected and then it took about 5+ minutes before it fully updated the screen with travel information. Now, it did have the route on the screen, but the turn-by-turn didn't load up. Very frustrating.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Google maps and waze nav says 52 min. Toyota entune nav says 36 min. Wonder which one is right.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I wonder if the toyota entune app needs to be running on a mobile device that is connected via bluetooth in order to better handle navigation traffic congestion. I mean it's way off.

Related Content You Might Like: