• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Felt like the frontend came off the ground!

Freddimix

A year ago I bought a 2011 Avalon, it drove and still drives like a new car with 80 thousand miles on odometer. 2 wks later I was on the highway and pushed the peddle to the carpet at 40 mph, the motor erupted with the power of a volcano eruption!! I thought the front end came off the ground!! (I know it's FWD) I couldn't see over the hood though and the front end veered to the left then to the right then back to center before I could let off the gas. I don't think the previous owner ever stomped on it as I did. Scared me and my wife and I was grateful that the car came down on the asphalt. The motor started making a ticking noise after that, heard when the wife drives into the garage and fairly loud. It still drives like new though, and 2 trips to Spokane with great gas mileage. My wife says when she speeds up and it gears down, the front end still gets a little squirrely and she's not stomping on it either, just giving it the goose. It wears expensive new tires and drives straight down the road. Any comments will be appreciated, I'm afraid of the Toyota dealership here (where I bought it) but will eventually talk with them I guess.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
A 2011 Avalon, runs about a 14.8 quarter mile. Zero to 60, is about 6.4 seconds. So although that isn't slow by any means, it's a long way from fast. A new Corvette runs a 11 second quarter mile, and a zero to 60 in just under 3 seconds. The Vette will put you back into the seat when you nail the gas, no dought. But even that is not that fast. A Corvette guy said last weekend that riding in a Testla and mailing the gas, is like being hit in the back, by an 18 wheeler doing 90 MPH, and He just though his Vette was fast. What you are feeling with the car pulling from side to side, is called torque steer. The torque of the engine is pulling the car around from side to side as it sees the power, and torque of the engine. As for the tick, what happen is when you nailed the gas, the engine blew any carbon build up out of the engine, more than likely. You may want to run some motor flush through the engine on your next oil change. You can also add some engine oil additives, like marval Mistry oil, or sea foam, ECT. And this may quite down, and maybe even stop the tick. The engine in you car, has VVT. Variable, valve timing. So when you nail the gas, it goes into performance mode, and the engine wakes up. As for it feeling like the front tires are coming off the ground, that's just the reaction of the front end pulling hard on the car, and your rear shocks, or struts, may be getting old, and allowing the rear of the car to squat more that it should. Shocks and struts should be changed around 50,000 miles.

Freddimix

Thank you, I learned a lot in that paragraph and I think you nailed it for me. I do the additives you suggested, thanks, I feel better after reading this.
A 2011 Avalon, runs about a 14.8 quarter mile. Zero to 60, is about 6.4 seconds. So although that isn't slow by any means, it's a long way from fast. A new Corvette runs a 11 second quarter mile, and a zero to 60 in just under 3 seconds. The Vette will put you back into the seat when you nail the gas, no dought. But even that is not that fast. A Corvette guy said last weekend that riding in a Testla and mailing the gas, is like being hit in the back, by an 18 wheeler doing 90 MPH, and He just though his Vette was fast. What you are feeling with the car pulling from side to side, is called torque steer. The torque of the engine is pulling the car around from side to side as it sees the power, and torque of the engine. As for the tick, what happen is when you nailed the gas, the engine blew any carbon build up out of the engine, more than likely. You may want to run some motor flush through the engine on your next oil change. You can also add some engine oil additives, like marval Mistry oil, or sea foam, ECT. And this may quite down, and maybe even stop the tick. The engine in you car, has VVT. Variable, valve timing. So when you nail the gas, it goes into performance mode, and the engine wakes up. As for it feeling like the front tires are coming off the ground, that's just the reaction of the front end pulling hard on the car, and your rear shocks, or struts, may be getting old, and allowing the rear of the car to squat more that it should. Shocks and struts should be changed around 50,000 miles.

Related Content You Might Like: