• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Favorite outdoor & sports thing to do

bebtunes

100 Posts
What is your ideal outdoor or sports thing to do? Mine is go and just relax or if possible camping, but i would like to go and try hunting some time

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I would have to say camping or boating. I thought that's what Toyota trucks were made for... lol

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

What is your ideal outdoor or sports thing to do? Mine is go and just relax or if possible camping, but i would like to go and try hunting some time
So, you've never been hunting? Its been a while since I've been, but I used to love to go deer hunting and spotting. Didn't like cleaning the deer... but I loved to go hunting.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
Right now, the summer here this year is super hot, so swimming is ranking up there on the top.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
I have loved camping ever since I was a little girl. I have 5 boys that are total wusses and are afraid to sleep in a tent! I grew up in alaska and slept outside in our yard starting at age 8 or 9 and we had bears. mine won't even sleep in an enclosed patio....i joke with my husband saying that maybe we need to try for a girl so i'll have someone tough to hand out with

GearHead

100 Posts
I have loved camping ever since I was a little girl. I have 5 boys that are total wusses and are afraid to sleep in a tent! I grew up in alaska and slept outside in our yard starting at age 8 or 9 and we had bears. mine won't even sleep in an enclosed patio....i joke with my husband saying that maybe we need to try for a girl so i'll have someone tough to hand out with
Camping is a blast! Sounds like you have a handful with all the kids. Maybe you could decorate their rooms in a manner so that they resemble the great outdoors more and pitch the tent in there for starters. For added fun sneak into their room at night and wake them up with scary bear noises.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
my husband and I are terrible. we secretly buy halloween masks and randomly scare our children at night....probably why they won't go camping!

GearHead

100 Posts
my husband and I are terrible. we secretly buy halloween masks and randomly scare our children at night....probably why they won't go camping!
Yeah, might have something to do with it I suppose. Maybe it makes them a bit more tough. I suppose I'm really not an expert in that arena.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

hunting, fishing, camping, and four wheeling in my truck
+1 on all of those things, although I guess I really don't hunt. Love to fish and backpack and camp though, and I love wheeling of course.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
I have no clue if it makes them tough or paranoid but we get a good laugh! my kids are probably going to murder me in my sleep one night

GearHead

100 Posts
They usually get the last laugh, yeah. I don't have any yet but my friend's kids drive him nuts. I think they might kick him out of his own house after a while.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
whenever my kids get mad and say they're going to run away or live with grandma, i go up and pack their stuff. unfortunately they always stay lol

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I enjoy camping and boating, dont have time to go camping camp mutch anymore, but I do live less than 5 minutes from the launch ramp of a local lake and when theres enough water to float the boat off the trailer (not this summer though) you'll usually find me out skiing or just pulling people around on the tube.

GearHead

100 Posts
I enjoy camping and boating, dont have time to go camping camp mutch anymore, but I do live less than 5 minutes from the launch ramp of a local lake and when theres enough water to float the boat off the trailer (not this summer though) you'll usually find me out skiing or just pulling people around on the tube.
I sink on water skis, but I enjoy tubing on occasion. Driving the boat is the best though, there's nothing like making a couple of tight turns and watching your buddies fly off. Utterly satisfying.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Truth be told I probably spend most of my time on the lake floating next to the boat on a water weenie with a cold beer in my hand.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I do miss Ca. lakes, the water out here is always murky and muddy looking and theres very few natural lakes that have clear water.
Since their man made they dont cut trees before filling so it's not unusual to see 20' of tree sticking out of the water and theres lots of obstructions below the surface so you have to carry a spare prop, shear pins, and tools, I learned that the hard way 10 miles up a lake on a weekday, longest 10 miles I ever paddled, a "V" hull ski boat doesnt handle as well as a canoe under paddle power. And wouldnt ya know it I didnt have any beer onboard that day either.

GearHead

100 Posts
Sounds horrible, never had that happen to me but I can imagine how hard it is to paddle. Guess there was nobody else out there to give you a tow? And no beer? Gotta be prepared for anything.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sounds horrible, never had that happen to me but I can imagine how hard it is to paddle. Guess there was nobody else out there to give you a tow? And no beer? Gotta be prepared for anything.
Not on a weekday, they were all at work where I probably should've been.
My daughter and I just went out for a quick ride up the lake to scout out a nice remote camping spot for the next weekend. Yea all we had was a cooler full of Cokes and water.

Related Content You Might Like: