• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Entune v1 update may 2019

ChiefTRDSport

I think the update eliminated Yelp and Movies. I’d like to see Pandora back rather then iHeart. The best would be an update to Entune 3 which includes Apple Play. That would solve a lot. I have a 2016 TRD Sport and a 2018 Avalon Hybrid Limited. I’d gladly pay a bit to upgrade them to an Entune with Apple Play. Wish I could find a place in NJ that installs ARB Air Lockers.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think the update eliminated Yelp and Movies. I’d like to see Pandora back rather then iHeart. The best would be an update to Entune 3 which includes Apple Play. That would solve a lot. I have a 2016 TRD Sport and a 2018 Avalon Hybrid Limited. I’d gladly pay a bit to upgrade them to an Entune with Apple Play. Wish I could find a place in NJ that installs ARB Air Lockers.
Yeah. I just noticed those are gone. Looking at my invoice and Entune premium was an extra $525.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I got really depressed when I noticed that the entune/sound system junk was virtually identical to the junk system that was in our 2015 Highlander. I would think it could have been improved--even slightly--in four years. At least I didn't have to relearn anything.

I have no need for Apple Play, but I would like Android Play (or whatever its called) so I could use the apps/systems on my phone (like Google Maps) instead of Toyota's system that barely work if they work at all.

Toyota must save a fortune by continuing to use antiquated, poor systems across their product lines. OTOH, I recently drove a new Camry loaner and its system seemed to be better(?). Maybe....

FinnSwede

We have last year’s Entune in our Land Cruiser and have not found it to be useful.
When I asked about it at the dealership my salesman told me that he and other’s there don’t use it.
Toyota can do better.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I got really depressed when I noticed that the entune/sound system junk was virtually identical to the junk system that was in our 2015 Highlander. I would think it could have been improved--even slightly--in four years. At least I didn't have to relearn anything.

I have no need for Apple Play, but I would like Android Play (or whatever its called) so I could use the apps/systems on my phone (like Google Maps) instead of Toyota's system that barely work if they work at all.

Toyota must save a fortune by continuing to use antiquated, poor systems across their product lines. OTOH, I recently drove a new Camry loaner and its system seemed to be better(?). Maybe....
Android auto. I had a rental Chevy Colorado and it's amazing. Hooked right up. Worked fast with no issues.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
We have last year’s Entune in our Land Cruiser and have not found it to be useful.
When I asked about it at the dealership my salesman told me that he and other’s there don’t use it.
Toyota can do better.
What year truck? They skipped entune 2 and went straight to entune 3.0.

William Kelly

I agree completely. It’s the only thing that would make Entune useful for me. Every month I visit my vacation home in Utah and rent a car. All GM, and most Japanese or Korean cars I rent have Apple Play. What’s wrong with Toyota?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I think I read a year or so ago that Toyota has an internal policy of managing security over adding additional features. They believe that allowing too many of these systems turns over control of the experience of driving to non-toyota companies and that's outside of their list of priorities.

I can see there point, but at some point they've got to realize that people are now addicted to their devices and you're dealing with addicts who will stop using your product simply because you're not giving them what they want.

Related Content You Might Like: