• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

elp

BAD TOYOTA

i have a 96 tacoma sr5 extra cab 4x4 i was just informed by my mechanic that it has a blown head gasket and that both heads are cracked has anyone even heard of this on a toyota it seems nuts any way he quoted me 3500 hundred for the repair i reluctantley told him to do it and then he called the next day and said due to the cracks in the heads it would be an additional 2000 is this guy nuts

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
How many miles on the engine, how well was maintenance done? By the book? Those are the top two issues when it comes to something like this.

The best rule of thumb is to get all repair estimates in writing before the work begins, that gives you a standard to go off of that's objective and will hold up in court.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
they had issues with the 91 through 93 years blowing the head gasket but i haven't heard of this being a problem with your year. i know this thread is old and its prolly fixed by now but i would like to know if you found out anything about your problem

Related Content You Might Like: