• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Electric Fan Conversion

aladeano

Hello. I have been kicking around the idea of installing an electric fan conversion kit on my "94 T100. I am looking for a little more power and mpg. Is this a good idea? Is it doable? Can I do the conversion myself? Tell me what you think. Thanks.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Power gains will be just 'a little more" maybe 5hp at best, mpg might increase 1-2 MPG at best.
I've always though it was a good idea, worked well on every truck I did the mod on.
Not a hard mod to do and can be completed with basic mechanical knowledge and hand tools.
Google "Taurus e fan swap" this is one of the most popular e fan swaps and shows how to cheaply source parts from a wrecking yard.
To get the increases you want hp/mpg you may need to do a few other mods also.

aladeano

Thanks for the info. I am trying to be realistic and understand that I wont get huge gains. That being said, I plan on doing a few different things to increase what I can, ie: cold air intake, headers, etc. I will research the e fan swap as soon as I get a moment. Thanks again!

Related Content You Might Like: