• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Drove up to the mountains Taos New Mexico fresh powder snow

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'll post more pics tomorrow. Had to get out of town for a few days and drove into Taos, NM where they just got a couple inches of snow. The passes were decent but compact snow and ice so had to go into 4hi. Renting a really nice airbnb for a couple of days.

20190206_232654.jpg

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sounds like a good plan. What do you think of the Tundras performance in snow/ice?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Yeah, how's it do in the snow??? I'm sort of considering a new Tundra, but am hesitating in getting rid of the AWD system in our '15 Land Cruiser. The LC is the absolute BEST snow vehicle we have ever owned. It's like the energizer bunny--just keeps going and going and going.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. What do you think of the Tundras performance in snow/ice?
No problems. We passed by only about a dozen vehicles on the route from las Vegas nm to taos nm, 4 or 5 larger plows and sanders. I realized once that i was going 40 in a 40 and slowed down. The antilock brakes kicked in for about 30 feet on ice. Otherwise no issues.
20190207_102120.jpg
20190207_102125.jpg
20190207_102131.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Made a 3 minute video (wife did on her phone) and this is a snippet of it going over the pass at night right after a snowfall.

Related Content You Might Like: