• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Door panel repair or replace 1998 T-100

crealsteel

Hi Guys
Maybe some experienced opinions out there for this problem
The inside door panel of cloth has broken down over the last 20 years. I assume it's a common problem & really can't be avoided. Look at the difference against the passenger side
I cannot find a replacement panel (discontinued)...it's the only "sore spot" to my interior other than the steering wheel & would be nice to have this taken care of. Anyone know of a parts warehouse or distributor that might carry such an item ?
Was also wondering if an upholstery repair shop could do something with it ? Any thoughts ? Anyone had that type of work done ?
Thanks, D

Attachments

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Two options: 1) Scour the junkyards. Most junkyards have the capability to interact with other junkyards to find a part. You might get lucky. Or 2) take your truck to a re-upholstery shop that specializes in auto interiors and ask them for help. Of course, they will need to do both front door panels so they will match.

crealsteel

Thanks Rick
Thing is with the junkyards...it's likely any surviving example is going to have similar damage. Will try an auto reup shop. If it's too costly, will just live with it.
Thanks again
D

crealsteel

Hi Sir
I would say only from a salvage yard. The last two T-100's that I saw in a junk yard were stripped down within 24 hours. Sorry I can't help.
Yes, the bucket seats with console were one reason I bought this SR5 23 years ago new.
Good Luck
Thanks, D

Bruder_Buck

Hi Sir
I would say only from a salvage yard. The last two T-100's that I saw in a junk yard were stripped down within 24 hours. Sorry I can't help.
Yes, the bucket seats with console were one reason I bought this SR5 23 years ago new.
Good Luck
Thanks, D
Okay.... then I will have no chance to get one from Germany.... So I search for another solution to have better seats. The standard ones are to much like a living room sofa after 25 years...

crealsteel

It's getting VERY difficult getting OEM parts for these trucks now. I recently replaced my brake master cylinder with an "after market" unit & I am unhappy with it. However it was $50 for the after market & Toyota wanted $250 for the OEM unit. I guess you get what you pay for
Thanks, David

Related Content You Might Like: