• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Do You Ride Your Truck On Your Trap Line?

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I'm guessing at least a few folks on here trap- and with trapping season upon us for most of the United States I'm just curious how many people on here use their truck to ride their line? Did your trapping line have anything to do with your choice in the truck you chose? Do you off road with your truck to get to or go along your line? And how well does your Toyota work for you for trapping?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Ok, I'll be honest, never been trapping before in the way that you're referring to. (Although I did discovery that my 3rd Great-Grandfather was a trapper with the Hudson Bay Company and was the first white settler in modern-day Spokane, Washington as early as 1840-41)

Anyhow, I had to look up the definition of "trapline" just to be sure ...
In the fur trade, a trapline is a route along which a trapper sets traps for his or her quarry. Trappers traditionally move habitually along the route to set and check the traps, in so doing become skilled at traversing remote terrain, and become experts in the geography of the local area.

upatree64

I'm guessing at least a few folks on here trap- and with trapping season upon us for most of the United States I'm just curious how many people on here use their truck to ride their line? Did your trapping line have anything to do with your choice in the truck you chose? Do you off road with your truck to get to or go along your line? And how well does your Toyota work for you for trapping?

I maintain a trap line every year with my truck. Although I don't trap to collect fur. I do it to remove the predators that prey on my deer fawns and my turkey nest or turkey's themselves. Most of my trapping as you can imagine is for the coyotes.
This year though, I've found myself for the 1st time attempting to trap beaver and at the worst time possible, spring. The worst time mainly because of the all the cotton mouth snakes. My inexperience with these beavers and the constant attack and killing of the cottonmouths has caused me to remove all the traps and just do damage to the lower dam for now, until colder weather anyway.

Attachments

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I maintain a trap line every year with my truck. Although I don't trap to collect fur. I do it to remove the predators that prey on my deer fawns and my turkey nest or turkey's themselves. Most of my trapping as you can imagine is for the coyotes.
This year though, I've found myself for the 1st time attempting to trap beaver and at the worst time possible, spring. The worst time mainly because of the all the cotton mouth snakes. My inexperience with these beavers and the constant attack and killing of the cottonmouths has caused me to remove all the traps and just do damage to the lower dam for now, until colder weather anyway.
I'll never understand why we need snakes. Makes sense to me why the devil in the old testament was called a snake/serpent. Gives me the creeps, glad to see you've got that one cut in half.

upatree64

Good stuff. Looks very swampy.

it's actually a creek up in the mountains that originates on our property from all the springs. The beavers are what turned this area into something that looks like it's straight out of "Swamp Thing". lol . it's really a beautiful winding creek, clean and clear as crystal.. you can bet I'm getting prepared to do battle with these animals this Fall.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
it's actually a creek up in the mountains that originates on our property from all the springs. The beavers are what turned this area into something that looks like it's straight out of "Swamp Thing". lol . it's really a beautiful winding creek, clean and clear as crystal.. you can bet I'm getting prepared to do battle with these animals this Fall.
My family had property up in washington state, outside of bremerton that had a water cistern that filled with water from a spring. My grandfather added in the 30's the cistern and it ended up being a good drinking water well, but it would back up from time to time and make a big swamp for a few weeks/month.

Related Content You Might Like: