• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hunting Do you hunt?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Who here is a Hunter? What's your game, weapon and location for success?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I used to be almost consumed by hunting when I was younger and lived in Ca. After I moved overseas where I couldnt hunt, or in some countries even have my guns I lost the desire to hunt, went a few times since Ive been in Texas but the deer look more like large dogs, not very big.
I have been bow hunting for hogs down in South Texas a few times in the last few years.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've had a few opportunities recently to go hunting on some people's land that I worked for. Otherwise it's expensive in Texas. Fishing on the overhand is cheaper than in other states. Go figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
While fishing is cheaper there arent many great places to fish in Texas.
Not many record size fish pulled out of lakes and river orstream fishing is almost non-existant as most rivers and streams either get to shallow to sustain fish or dry up completely in summer.
Heck the last few summers many lakes have gotten so low their hazardous to play on, let alone sustain a good.fish population.
I dont know how the carp population at the Oasis on Joe Pool survives.

BeachBumGal

TTC Chicks
I have not been hunting in years. My dad used to take me as a young girl to go deer hunting mostly. I remember those days like they were yesterday. We would go during bow season and gun season. It was lots of fun!

PurpleRose

TTC Chicks
The only thing that I have hunted in my younger years is also deer. My family would also go rabbit hunting as well as quail hunting. I never really could get into it. I enjoyed the camping that went along with the trip, though. Love being in the outdoors and bonding with nature.

Brad

100 Posts
Not me. I generally disagree with killing animals for no reason and wouldn't find it a fun activity to do.

Brad

100 Posts
short of being a vegetarian, really can't see much reason in someone posting something like that.
It's not really that. I think I didn't explain myself very well. I personally wouldn't want to do the activity as I'd feel cruel on the animal and would hate to witness something else being killed.

BaxterThomas

There’s nothing I love more than the taste of a fresh deer steak. It’s the one thing that makes me look forward to fall. I’m also a big fan of duck.

upatree64

I whitetail deer hunt, consider it part of my total yearly meat and depend on it. I have hunted the deer for 40 years from Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, back to Bama now and my reason's for doing so have changed drastically thru those 40 years. I now fill most of my time as the manager of every deer hunting property that my closest hunting friends[5] and I take on. We stay in our home state of Alabama to lease our hunting grounds and though we may move to another lease we stay together as a group of hunters who share most of the same value's when it comes to hunting deer. Long ago we found that as a tight group we could afford most any reasonable size deer lease we wanted.
I myself will for the 1st time try my hand at using a crossbow to deer hunt. I've always enjoyed the extremely long gun season's of the southeast and met many bow hunters I found truly in love with their experience with bow's of every kind. My reason's are very simply to get a jump on our deer season by legally deer hunting 30 day's prior to ever hearing the 1st gun shot go off and the fact that our oldest and largest bucks turn into ghost shortly after the 1st gunshot rings out.
The job of manager is a 12 month commitment that drives most humans into the ground with it's ever changing obstacles, dangers and pure work involved. I myself find overwhelmed often but determined to do better. With my physical limitation, I sometime think it's what keeps me alive and partially sane because I love it so very much and the rewards I receive from all my labor. Even when missing large portion's of my responsible duties when I can't drive to work on the lease, due to seizures. I truly think it gives me purpose to carry on.

Related Content You Might Like: