• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Did you see that GMC is making an offroad truck to compete against the Tacoma?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I knew GM was redefining their smaller trucks, looking to up the market share, but I hadn't seen this one yet.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Really going to put Toyota on notice to up their game with the new tundra / Tacoma platform.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I'm going to assume that GMC is keeping the body panels and starting over from scratch with everything else--based on a Tacoma.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Jeep gladiator. I'll have to see one before I can have an opinion.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Gallery-Exterior-Red-Rubicon-Doors-Off.jpg.image.1000.jpg

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
According to the Toyota web site, the 2020 Tacoma is getting some much-needed upgrades, but they are mostly electronic technology and some trim changes. Definitely NOT a new generation.

TN TRD Guy

According to the Toyota web site, the 2020 Tacoma is getting some much-needed upgrades, but they are mostly electronic technology and some trim changes. Definitely NOT a new generation.
I heard that the tundra was going to be first as the technology for it was cutting edge when it came out in 2007 but now it really is 13 years old and they are going to need to do better. have you seen the new ram pickup? its amazing. the new chevy and ford full size trucks are delivering better mpg and better performance at the same time. i'm not sure it i'll be in the market for a fullsize truck again considering the midsize trucks are exactly what the fullsize trucks used to be, but Toyotas starting to fall behind

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Thoughts on these new truck competitors everyone? Seems like the Tundra has fallen behind in technology, MPG, features, etc.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
My neighbour has newer Canyon with the 4 cylinder diesel. Nice option and no issues. The trucks are very prone to rust

ChiefTRDSport

From what I understand, GM has a lot of dealings with China since the GM bailout. I’ll bet if the trucks aren’t made in China, bet a lot of parts are. Next to U.S., I’ll take parts from Japan over China any day!

Related Content You Might Like: