• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Dextron 11 replacement

crealsteel

Hi Guys
Something simple is getting confusing. Trying to replace my power steering fluid 1998 T-100. It calls for Dextron2 ATF...not sold anymore. What would I use as a replacement ?
Thanks, D

crealsteel

Kenny
Gotta order that on line. (Ebay has it.). The Advanced Auto stores near me only sell some generic, universal synthetic ATF for use on many but Toyota.
Will just order it from Ebay
Thanks much friend
David

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I just replied to a thread on a GM truck forum about fluid and filter changes. Dextron 3 has been replaced by Dextron 4. Just FYI, I have a 97 Silverado with 250,000+ miles. I just had the transmission remanufactured with performance parts. The trans shop owner said, if you change the fluid and filter at 40,000 miles, your fine. But if you have 100,000 miles or more, leave it alone. Trans fluid had A lot of cleaners in it, and fresh fluid tends to wash away any ware film that has built up on bans and clutches, so it happens a lot, that after a fluid and filter change, the trans starts slipping. Then your looking at a rebuild, or remanufacture of the transmission. This shop has been in business for 40 years. He does a lot of transmissions but its very rear to do a Toyota. They almost never brake.

crealsteel

Hi Ken
I know that about the trans. I was pertaining to my power steering pump fluid only. It calls for Dex2 or 3. I actually just ordered from Amazon OEM Toyota Dex3 !! Only 3 quarts available so that should work fine.
Thanks again, D

Zara

I just replied to a thread on a GM truck forum about fluid and filter changes. Dextron 3 has been replaced by Dextron 4. Just FYI, I have a 97 Silverado with 250,000+ miles. I just had the transmission remanufactured with performance parts. The trans shop owner said, if you change the fluid and filter at 40,000 miles, your fine. But if you have 100,000 miles or more, leave it alone. Trans fluid had A lot of cleaners in it, and fresh fluid tends to wash away any ware film that has built up on bans and clutches, so it happens a lot, that after a fluid and filter change, the trans starts slipping. Then your looking at a rebuild, or remanufacture of the transmission. This shop has been in business for 40 years. He does a lot of transmissions but its very rear to do a Toyota. They almost never brake.
I have a 95 T100 and it hasn't had a flush since 2006. Thought I'd do a drain and fill with new fluid but the dealer says they no longer do that and only do flushes. I asked if this was a problem based on what I read and they said no. Hmm....not sure I believe them. I think it may be time to use another company. I have 160K miles on it. I don't want to ruin it. Glad I read about the Dexron fluids...now at least I know what to look for.

Related Content You Might Like: