• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Dash Cluster Swap - 95 Toyota Truck Upgrade

Blue 95

I have a 95 Toyota truck regulator cab and would like to upgrade to a factory Toyota SR5 tachometer instrument gauge cluster. I can't remember where, but I thought I read years ago that you can, because all the connections are the same for all the trucks from the factory.
So am I correct in thinking this? If so does a 95 have a mechanical or electrical speedometer?
Thanks in advance for any help!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Is your truck a Deluxe model or a Tacoma?
95 was an odd year as Toyota brought out Tacoma's mid year and stopped Deluxe production simultaneous. There were many differences between the two.
I know on my 94 std cab it wasn't pre wired for a tach, I had to make a harness for this.
My friends 96 Tacoma was wired and plug & play capable.

Blue 95

Is your truck a Deluxe model or a Tacoma?
95 was an odd year as Toyota brought out Tacoma's mid year and stopped Deluxe production simultaneous. There were many differences between the two.
I know on my 94 std cab it wasn't pre wired for a tach, I had to make a harness for this.
My friends 96 Tacoma was wired and plug & play capable.
Thanks for the response! It is not a Tacoma. It is the 89-94/95 body style.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I did it and it was all plug and play. Even the tach was wired.
Glad to hear the cluster swap worked out. Thanks for the update. Did you take any pictures of the before and after?

Related Content You Might Like: