• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Coronavirus COVID19 - Are your state parks open for camping?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
pexels-photo-699558.jpg

Seems like the best way to beat the coronavirus is to get away from the hustle and bustle and go camping? Right?

Well, I've been looking a bit, and nationwide, a lot of states have closed their campgrounds. How is that? Seems crazy. Texas is hit and miss, but I'm going to work on a list. Seems like a great time to go camping before it gets hot for the summer, do some tent camping.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
TEXAS CAMPGROUNDS

Cedar Hill State Park

Lake Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway

Dinosaur Valley State Park

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
No, they closed the state parks, and will use them for covid 19 patients who are quarintine. They have moved campers into the parks and will use the cabins also.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Colorado: The Gov issued a "stay at home" order yesterday that starts this morning. Can't say yet if state parks are affected, but the BLM land and national forests are all still open. However, campgrounds may be closed and you would need to be self-contained should you wish to camp outside of a campground. Haven't paid much attention to this as we don't camp.

3/27/2020 UPDATE: Colorado state parks and national parks are open, but ALL campgrounds are closed.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Louisiana has the fastest growing rate of new covid 19 infections in the world. This is percapita of course. The owner of our shop, has a daughter that is a nurse in a local hospital. This morning He tells me that it is really getting out of hand. The Drs and nurses are getting infected. One of out shop hands had a sore throut Monday. Yesterday He goes to the emg room. They said he has no fever, but that He did test + for a virus, so they did do a covid 19 test on him. It will take 5 to 8 days to get results. No one else here is sick, but the owner said, our sick guy has to have a clear covid 19 test, before he can come back to work. The real issue with our shop, is that we have 2 people here that have under lying health issues, and both of them are close to 60 years old. If ether one of them get covid 19, it will most likely kill them. Also one of the guys showed up this morning and said his 80+ year old dad had to be admited last night,( not covid 19 related). No one can go to see Him. No family not even His wife. So the old man will most likely die alone.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
that sucks.

Looks like the morbidity models were way off. The epidemiologist who did one of the big cornavirus models says now that it looks like the US will have about 20,000 deaths. That's a typical flu season.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
All of the campgrounds (state park) that I can find information on look like they've done closed down.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I just checked the Parks website in Virginia: "COVID-19 update: All Virginia State Parks are open for day-use activities."

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Texas Parks just updated us through an email, looks like a lot of parks are open, but they're not fully open and some near the cities are not. Plus you have to book online before you go. I might do that between rain showers to get away for a couple of days.

Related Content You Might Like: