• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Coronavirus affected your travel plans? Gatherings? Car shows? Anyone know anyone who's gotten it?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Just got back from WalMart. It was packed. About 1/3 of the people walking around with mask. I saw a man with 4 preteen girls walking around. He did not have a mask on, but all 4 of the girls did. They had a decent supply of stuff except for TP. My wife just got off the phone with my son, and He said that WalMart is limiting bottled water. Only 1 case, or 1 gallon per customer, and 1 or the other, not both. IMO there are some many people shopping at places like WalMart, that, it is a place like that, where you are going to get exposed to cv19. Another thing, we have spend about $550 at walmart since this started, that we wouldnt have. Granted, it was stuff that we didnt have, and some of it we needed, but we dont usually keep a stock pile of supplies ( including food) in the house. With just the 2 of us living at home, we just usually get things as we need them.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Just got back from WalMart. It was packed. About 1/3 of the people walking around with mask. I saw a man with 4 preteen girls walking around. He did not have a mask on, but all 4 of the girls did. They had a decent supply of stuff except for TP. My wife just got off the phone with my son, and He said that WalMart is limiting bottled water. Only 1 case, or 1 gallon per customer, and 1 or the other, not both. IMO there are some many people shopping at places like WalMart, that, it is a place like that, where you are going to get exposed to cv19. Another thing, we have spend about $550 at walmart since this started, that we wouldnt have. Granted, it was stuff that we didnt have, and some of it we needed, but we dont usually keep a stock pile of supplies ( including food) in the house. With just the 2 of us living at home, we just usually get things as we need them.
A bit over a week ago, I finished buying a 2 week supply of food so we could "Stay home. Stay safe." Our Walmart had been almost stripped of everything (peak of the panic buying) and I had to visit several other stores to get the job done. At least I could get most fresh vegetables & fruit I wanted. I did all this first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds, but that approach didn't work too well. Lots of folks buying everything they could get their hands on. Next week I will have to return and re-stock. Not looking forward to that.

Both the wife and I are in our 70s, and have underlying medical conditions. Not too bad, but likely the kiss-of-death if we catch this crap. So we're really trying to not go out. We have a "deal with our next-door neighbor that if one of us goes to the store, we'll try and get what the other one wants too. This has been working so far.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My main job ended. :-( I've got several irons in the fire so it's not the end but sucks.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
They cut my hours back to 40 and no overtime unless absolutely necessary. I kinda like getting off a bit early. :p

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
New cases in Louisiana jumped over 2500 since yesterday. Im sure we will brake 10,000 cases tomorrow.
Screenshot_2020-04-02-14-23-20.png

69FJ-2.4LTRTDIESEL

100 Posts
Idaho has a few down south around Boise but up north I haven't heard of any. Was a good time to retire last year I think, easy to stay at home & hibernate (no free check, :). Most people I know prepped for any contingency but I never thought it would be a virus, somethings just don't make sense about this whole thing especially with Bill Gates pushing for a country wide shutdown, very strange. Well anyhow, I did hear my neighbor say he had a case of Corona but was complaining he forgot the limes at the store, never forget to keep humor in your life, it does a body good and keeps your spirt up.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Idaho has a few down south around Boise but up north I haven't heard of any. Was a good time to retire last year I think, easy to stay at home & hibernate (no free check, :). Most people I know prepped for any contingency but I never thought it would be a virus, somethings just don't make sense about this whole thing especially with Bill Gates pushing for a country wide shutdown, very strange. Well anyhow, I did hear my neighbor say he had a case of Corona but was complaining he forgot the limes at the store, never forget to keep humor in your life, it does a body good and keeps your spirt up.
I spent a lot of time growing up in Northern Idaho, mostly around standpoint. Most people up there are prepared already because of snow to be on their own for a week or two, so this isn't as big of a deal.

69FJ-2.4LTRTDIESEL

100 Posts
I spent a lot of time growing up in Northern Idaho, mostly around standpoint. Most people up there are prepared already because of snow to be on their own for a week or two, so this isn't as big of a deal.
Agreed, CDA north to Port Hill / East Port and East / West borders have very resilient people, Gadsden people. Sand Point lake Pend Oreille is still the walking town but it's growing. Bonners Ferry valley is still the highpont on 95 north to Canada, a lot ov V Vets who just want to enjoy life, definitely 4WD country west towards Priest lake & WA. Sunshine, HD Ultra and a warm day brings out the best in people. A lot of new transplants, retirees from the coasts mostly, but hopefully they head towards Boise. You wouldn't recognize the area west & north of Post Falls, all housing now, but my little pice of heaven is just fine, life is good.

Related Content You Might Like: